DVD Audio Extractor possible issues with latest version?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J. PUPSTER

💿🐕 Senior Disc Chaser 🎸
QQ Supporter
Here is what I found today while checking out the DVD Audio Extractor site for updates:
http://www.dvdae.com/
8.1.0 (2020-03-07)
  • Drop support to Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, as they have reached end of life.
  • Update to support Ubuntu 18.04 and later. Older Ubuntu releases are no longer supported.
  • Update to support Fedora 29 and later. Older Fedora releases are no longer supported.
  • Support 8 channel wav output.
  • Update Vorbis library to version 1.3.6.
  • Update LAME library to version 3.100.
  • Update libFLAC library to version 1.3.3.

I've unchecked my updates because I run this in Windows 7, but I did load version 8.0.0.
I did not load this newest version as my windows 7 machine has my Blu-ray/DVD interior writer in it.
I realize you may still load it and use it (hopefully), but without company support!

Historically I have really dragged my feet on Windows updates. I always am happy with what I have and always have updated when I couldn't load some software I wanted. (Chrome and TurboTax come to mind)
But they did get to me by threatening lack of security when Windows Seven reached End of Life and support. So I clicked on a Free Microsoft update to Win 10 on this laptop on which I am typing this.

I have to admit, it went PERFECTLY. The update took a little while over wifi because it wasn't plugged in via ethernet. But when I was done everything was there and everything seems to be working fine. The only difference is the appearance of the desktop.

If it was up to me I would still have them supporting XP or even Win 2000. But the 10 update was a very pleasant surprise and experience. If you are dragging your feet about it is is not necessary. imo.

I have Windows 10 on a Surface Pro and an NUC; I like it, but I still really like Windows 7 Pro on my old computer.
I need to find a great "external" Blu-ray/DVD/CD burner for my NUC though, any suggestions out there?
I dunno about great, all I know is, I love my external Pioneer. BDR-XD05B

I'm talking about ripping.
OK, I promise if you follow my way you will be fine.
PC with external BD universal ripper and Foobar.
Open Blu Ray external drive and insert disc.
Open Foobar (latest version foobar v1.5.2) make sure the added encoder and DTS encoder packages are included.
Select: FILE>open audio CD>Rip, select last used preset (or create your new preset) I send mine to My Documents>rename folder and copy to your external hard drive, mine is my NAS.
Once I transfer over to Nas I delete the new file from My Documents.
For tagging there are two choices on this Foobar, on the page.

I just ripped 5 new surround DTS discs on Sunday, not one problem.
In the many DTS discs I have ripped over the last few years there are a few problem discs, Don Henley, Marvin Gaye and Sting, nobody knows why, to my knowledge.

OK, I promise if you follow my way you will be fine.
PC with external BD universal ripper and Foobar.
Open Blu Ray external drive and insert disc.
Open Foobar (latest version foobar v1.5.2) make sure the added encoder and DTS encoder packages are included.
Select: FILE>open audio CD>Rip, select last used preset (or create your new preset) I send mine to My Documents>rename folder and copy to your external hard drive, mine is my NAS.
Once I transfer over to Nas I delete the new file from My Documents.
For tagging there are two choices on this Foobar, on the page.

I just ripped 5 new surround DTS discs on Sunday, not one problem.
In the many DTS discs I have ripped over the last few years there are a few problem discs, Don Henley, Marvin Gaye and Sting, nobody knows why, to my knowledge.
Yup those are the ones!!!

Back