DVD Audio Extractor possible issues with latest version?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only had a problem with toapp, not the rest, the real puzzler is Tom Petty Damn The Torpedoes MONO where the metadata points to the multichannel track. Has anyone succeeded in this endeavor using mkv? Really hate installing another decrypter as I get hacked way too much already.

When MakeMKV presents the disc contents in a treeview there are sometimes multiple Titles with different audio streams. Check each to find one with DTS-HDMA 5.1 (or TrueHD, PCM 5.1) and select that title.

Rarely, there is no single Title with chapters of the entire album. Then you would need to rip the appropriate Titles (1 Title per song).

never mind found homers audio settings...

Attachments

• tom petty.PNG
    tom petty.PNG
    122.3 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
SUCCESS, thanks to SUPERHOMER! I think I might bother you just one more time next year, to fix them quadios using your center plus sub hack. Thanks all happy new year.

The easiest way to add silent C and LFE to 4.0 FLAC, WAV or DSF files is to use the 'Remix Channel Layout' tool in Music Media Helper if you run Windows as it will do entire folders in batch mode. See page 55 in this pdf:

(Edited to correct page number which may change on each pdf release)
https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh7/Music Media Helper Documentation.pdf#page93
You can download MMH from the Music Media Helper thread in the Media Player sub-forum here on QQ.

Last edited:
The easiest way to add silent C and LFE to 4.0 FLAC, WAV or DSF files is to use the 'Remix Channel Layout' tool in Music Media Helper if you run Windows as it will do entire folders in batch mode. See page 55 in this pdf:

https://reva.blob.core.windows.net/mmh4/Music Media Helper Documentation.pdf#page55

You can download MMH from the Music Media Helper thread in the Media Player sub-forum here on QQ.
What an awesome piece of software, huge thanks to everyone involved!
Sal

What an awesome piece of software, huge thanks to everyone involved!

That would be Homer himself :giggle:, great software indeed.

Thanks. I hope you find something useful.

I just put a nice user interface around (and joined) other software to reduce the hardwork involved. All these open source apps are included actually do the real work: FFMpeg, Sox, MKVToolnix, MediaInfo etc (All listed in the About dialog)

Thanks. I hope you find something useful.

I just put a nice user interface around (and joined) other software to reduce the hardwork involved. All these open source apps are included actually do the real work: FFMpeg, Sox, MKVToolnix, MediaInfo etc (All listed in the About dialog)
I don't know what planet my 70 yo brain has been on but I just got on-speed with MMH today after being a member here for almost exactly 1 year. I run PCLinuxOS for 99% of my dayly computing but keep an install of Win10 around for a few apps that require it.
I booted into Doz this morning and installed MMH bing bang boom, then was able to do 'Remix Channel Layout' on a couple quad files that my Linux media players won't play nice with. One was a 24/192 quad file of Chicago IV and it buzzed right thru adding silent C and LFE without issue. Now it's playing perfectly in Strawberry, YaHoo
It's going to be really great to get all my quad files sounding like they're supposed to when I'm running Linux. :51QQ
Really great work on the GUI, it's so user friendly.
Thanks Again,
Sal

Does anyone have an idea why I am getting a mono audio option only on Tom Petty Damn The Torpedoes ad rip? Thanks!
I know it sounds simple, but.

DVD-AE always shows the least number of tracks possible for the entire conversion. I could be that you have a mono track selected somewhere in what you are trying to rip,.

I know it sounds simple, but.

DVD-AE always shows the least number of tracks possible for the entire conversion. I could be that you have a mono track selected somewhere in what you are trying to rip,.
Thanks to Homer I now can handle every disc in the collection (Asia Fantasia being an exception along with a wobbly clunker disc of Dark Side of the Moon LOL). Also that Music Media helper is one heck of an easy to use swiss army knife, intuitive as seldom seen. I was up and running in 5 minutes fixing my quadio boxes and the doors in no time. And yes Make MKV puts AnyDVD to shame. Thank you H, you da man.

Great to hear you have everything sorted with your rips/conversions. Time to sit back and enjoy!

Time on my hands, the Silver lining of a pandemic, what a master's degree in music file intricacies. Much obliged!

I think I lost the plot... and that nothing... is wrong with the latest version of DVDAE after all?

But I have a question when the computer I am using (for ripping / extracting) ups and dies on me like they all eventually do, must I repurchase this software to get it installed on a new computer?

Access your dvdae account with your email and reassign your license to a new machine using their 4 step process, it's pretty straightforward.

Happy new year all. Q. What is the best playlist generator for our 5.1 flac/dsf world? Storage Space efficient please!! With pdf print capability too while we are at it. :)

desired also, multiple playlists and output container size limitations.

Last edited:
Back