DVD Audio Extractor possible issues with latest version?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure, they play okay and the album details and tracks are all showing before the 'scanning chapters' gets stuck ....very strange.🤔
Try this. Deselect all tracks except track 1, then proceed. If you can rip track 1 OK, then go back and select all tracks except track 1, then proceed. If that works you can then combine the contents of the 2 folders into one.
I've had this trick work a couple times in the past on a few problem-some rips, hope it works for you.
Good luck.

Try this. Deselect all tracks except track 1, then proceed. If you can rip track 1 OK, then go back and select all tracks except track 1, then proceed. If that works you can then combine the contents of the 2 folders into one.
I've had this trick work a couple times in the past on a few problem-some rips, hope it works for you.
Good luck.
Thanks for your advice SAL
Unfortunately that did not work either.
What has worked is, DVDFab...although its a disc image with no track separation.
I wonder why DVDfab can read it to extract?
I've yet to study DVDfab to see exactly what it can do and I'm only using the 30 day free trial.

Other things taking a priority at the moment with this dreadful virus changing everything.
I hope we can all stay safe and take extreme care, in how we protect our loved ones, for the months ahead.

How does DVD audio extractor rip a bluray disc like the doobie brothers into individual tracks? The file I got was just the entire album in one file.

How does DVD audio extractor rip a bluray disc like the doobie brothers into individual tracks? The file I got was just the entire album in one file.

If I recall correctly, the Doobie Brothers discs have two menu choices. The first is a single file of the entire album, and the second is the set of individual tracks.

Hey Steve,

I just checked. DVD Audio Extractor shows 2 titles for the Doobies discs. Both of these titles have options for either the 4.0 or 2.0 tracks to be extracted. The one you want is title 2, which has all of the individual tracks. Select that title (making sure you deselect title 1) then select the 4.0 option and you'll be able to extract the individual tracks that you want. Title 1 will give you one long track for the entire album as you pointed out.

I see 1 file for mch and 1 file for 2.0.

As @boxhead described, below:
Capture.JPG

How long has a DVD audio extractor been able to rip Blu-ray?
It’s been at least a year, but doesn’t seem to make a difference. You still must use MakeMKV first and then use DVD AudioExtractor to rip the flacs from the resulting backup. On a MAC I have to make an MKV backup...probably different on a PC.

DVD A/E won’t let you extract directly from a protected Blu-ray.

It’s been at least a year, but doesn’t seem to make a difference. You still must use MakeMKV first and then use DVD AudioExtractor to rip the flacs from the resulting backup. On a MAC I have to make an MKV backup...probably different on a PC.

DVD A/E won’t let you extract directly from a protected Blu-ray.
Is MakeMKV an exact copy (ie lossless)?

Back