DVD Audio Extractor

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just did that disk last week. I convert to FLAC, so all I had to do was use DVDAE. No Foobar step was necessary. I used the DTS stereo. Both MCH and stereo tracks rip to 24/48
Thank you Luv, that is what I did also and just ripped fine. Just for my knowledge what is the difference between AC3 and DTS in the stereo rips?

Thank you Luv, that is what I did also and just ripped fine. Just for my knowledge what is the difference between AC3 and DTS in the stereo rips?
I think its just a difference in data rate. I think the DTS offers a little more resolution, but I'm not sure of that. One last thing, I noticed when I ripped the 5.1 a few of the tracks came up in a mixed up order. So you might want to check that before you tag everything.

I think its just a difference in data rate. I think the DTS offers a little more resolution, but I'm not sure of that. One last thing, I noticed when I ripped the 5.1 a few of the tracks came up in a mixed up order. So you might want to check that before you tag everything.
Good to know, I'll look up in Wikipedia. My tracks after ripped are good and in order.

My notes from ripping DTS is as follows: Insert disc into BD player. Open Foobar 2000v1.4 desktop. Make sure it has the added Encoder and DTS encoder are still there. File>open audio CD>rip>last used preset>converting window pops up.

Cheers Marpow for this...worked a treat!! Very timely, was wondering how I was going to rip my DTS discs..:unsure:
Just need to get my head around making Blu Rays easier to rip with tagging.
Any pointers would be appreciated..(y)(y)(y)

Cheers Marpow for this...worked a treat!! Very timely, was wondering how I was going to rip my DTS discs..:unsure:
Just need to get my head around making Blu Rays easier to rip with tagging.
Any pointers would be appreciated..(y)(y)(y)
Insert disc in Bluray external drive, rip blu Ray disc with MKV that creates a file that I just set to "my documents", OK very easy and always works. Tagging of Blu Rays works for me most of the time with Music Media Helper. I have the exact notes at home, is really easy, and even when there is a tagging snafu worst case when I load to my player JRiver, I can tag edit fairly easy.
My order of ease is as follows assuming the proper software is in place: Very easy CD and SACD, Pretty easy DVD-A, DVD-V, Dual Disc and DTS, hardest and most time consuming just on the rip alone are BD's.

What program are you currently using?

Hi Gene

It is Make MKV with Audio Muxer

Although I started the Blu-Ray ripping a few months back..I only got a couple done, as I found it too time consuming then.
Hence asking for any knowledge to make the process easier but it seems it's back to basics and trying to reign in my impatence!! :rolleyes::)

I just did that disk last week. I convert to FLAC, so all I had to do was use DVDAE. No Foobar step was necessary. I used the DTS stereo. Both MCH and stereo tracks rip to 24/48
Your FLACs are (decoded to) wav based after this ripping process? Flacs are playing back as 24/48 pcm?

Because I am going to do all my DTS Entertainment Releases to pcm FLAC if it’s that easy.

I just got DVD Extractor - I’m on the 30 day trial and just love it! Version 8.0 baby!!!

WAV is PCM (Pulse Code Modulation). FLAC is losslessly compressed PCM. I believe DVDAE first rips to WAV then compresses to FLAC. The FLAC is decoded to PCM on playback. You can also rip to WAV if you want.

The bitrate and sample rate are defined by the source. sometimes its 24/48, sometimes its 24/96. The Secret has a bit rate of 48KHz.

Back