DVD-Audio players?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

duesy

Most of what I read concerning DVD-Audio players is less than encouraging. Seems that most of these units provide unreliable playback quality (or not at all) for allegedly supported formats such as MP3, CDRW, DVD-A. Can anyone recommend a unit that does everything its supposed to do?! Thank you.

duesy,

How much do you want to spend, what formats do you want supported and what type of music do you want to listen to?

LMK, and I'll see if I can make a recommendation.

Thanks for offering to assist. Ideally, a combo unit supporting all formats with onboard DTS decoding would be nice... like the new Pioneer DV 747. That said, I would be happy with a unit that supports all formats without SACD (DVD-A, MP3, CDR, CDRW, CD) provided it offers onboard DTS. Unit must be able to play all formats seemlessly and without the screw ups that tend to be prevelant in many of today's units. Thank you,

You didn't mention what you want to spend. As Sacd is not a requirement, you might want to check out the JVC XV-SA75GD. This is the dvd-a player I was using till I bought the new Pioneer. Its a very good unit that plays everything other than SACD but it doesn't have dts decoder built in. J&R has it on their website for $229.99 and that's a bit cheaper than what I originally paid for it. You might check out the other players they have while you're there. You can also check out the link below for AudioReview.com. This is a very good site to see what others have to say about a product you're interested in. I found it very valuble while I was looking for new speakers. At the other end of the spectrum is the Denon DVD9000. This is one beautiful flagship player that also plays everything but SACD. List is around $3800.00

J&R Music World

AudioReview.com

Back