DVD-V 5.1 Albums - What's Your Latest? NO Video DVD-V, DVD-A, Blu-Ray-A or SACD's

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Path Of Peace ; An Artistic Journey For The Heart, Mind and Senses - A VisionSound Collaboration by Pianist Ben Dowling & Visual Artist Mark Wagner (5.1 Dolby Digital DVD-V DualDisc)

7YsWo8u.jpeg

b7jeOi6.jpeg

Six; 21st Anniversary Remaster - Mansun (3 x CD/1 x 5.1 DVD-V set)

View attachment 39134

Centre's a bit prominent in the mix maybe and LFE perhaps a tad overcooked on a couple of tracks? i dunno, need to listen more.

also while its thankfully not overloud it is mastered kinda bright sounding without being hugely detailed so it grates a bit at high volume when you whack it up to try and pick everything out (i'm not describing it well but give it a listen and i think you might see what i'm on about?).

really i'm nitpicking though, the surround mix is very good, very active with loads of stuff popping up in the Rear channels to make you go "ooh" and "aah" over, definitely miles better than i remember the surround being on that Grey Lantern 5.1.
oh and the most important bit! musically, i love it! :love:

Le Vibrazioni II (5.1 DVD-V DualDisc)

View attachment 39421

View attachment 39422

good evening, here is the news from the FBBC with a special QQ public service announcement! ;)

please do not buy the Vibrazioni Dualdisc purely for the surround sound, as there isn't any!

well, there is, it is just faint ambience or lead vocal delay most of the time.

you get more satisfying surround running the Stereo thru PLII Music or the Involve mode of your Surround Master.

end of bulletin! :geek:

Eric Clapton Crossroads 2004 DVD-V (5.1 DTS)... no info anywhere in the package on who mixed this, but I did find an article online about the DVD:

"The audio portion of the Crossroads Guitar Festival DVD (2004) was engineered by recording industry heavyweights Elliot Scheiner, an AMD64 Masters Group member and five-time Grammy Award winner, and Ed Cherney, a two-time Grammy Award winner whose engineering credits include the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, Bonnie Raitt, and Jackson Browne, among others."

I havn't watched it yet...

Edit: OK, this is purely ambiance in the rear channels. Great show, no need to rip it for my surround music collection :)

Last edited:
Suprised you are just getting this now. I really like it.

that is an outrrrrrraaaaaageeeeoussssssly astute observation there!!!! 🤩

tbh i focussed more on ploughing time and resources into getting out of print surround stuff over an approximately 10 year period, so there's loads of easier to find titles from the past i don't have (and some of those that were easy to find back then are not so easily found now, as you can imagine!)

"i'm forever playing catchup!
pretty catchup on QQ!
prices went so high,
nearly reached the sky
and the old surround formats
they faded and died!
the fun is in the finding,
things that aren't easy to find,
oh i'm forever playing catchup,
lovely catchup on QQ!!!

🥳

Last edited:
Wow, FRANTIC and HEATHEN -- how were they priced? As OOP or shelf remains?

Here's my haul from a week's stay in Toronto - I know it's not all lossy DVDs, but since the majority is I thought I'd post to this thread. Believe it or not all this stuff came from brick & mortars...

View attachment 41564

Here's my haul from a week's stay in Toronto - I know it's not all lossy DVDs, but since the majority is I thought I'd post to this thread. Believe it or not all this stuff came from brick & mortars...

View attachment 41564
Out of this bunch. I'm partial to Rough Mix.

Back