DVD-V 5.1 Albums - What's Your Latest? NO Video DVD-V, DVD-A, Blu-Ray-A or SACD's

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know! Frantic was cheaper than I’d ever seen it (around $35), but I paid up for Heathen ($75). The pair for $110 didn’t seem too bad compared to what I’ve seen them listed online for.

I could see that HEATHEN had a hole punch -- but I've seen it go for 90 US dollars without the case. That's like getting FRANTIC for 20 US bucks more. Not bad? Exceptional!

Here's my haul from a week's stay in Toronto - I know it's not all lossy DVDs, but since the majority is I thought I'd post to this thread. Believe it or not all this stuff came from brick & mortars...

View attachment 41564

Wow! Kudos. I'm jealous of the OP, Bowie, and Caravan especially. Would love to stumble upon any one of those at a reasonable price...

Wow! Kudos. I'm jealous of the OP, Bowie, and Caravan especially. Would love to stumble upon any one of those at a reasonable price...

So the Caravan is now getting stratospheric prices? Glad I got it several years ago. . . .

edit: Just checked Discogs, at 44 bucks it is not TOO(P) highly priced. Could be worse (think I paid half that several years ago).

So the Caravan is now getting stratospheric prices? Glad I got it several years ago. . . .

edit: Just checked Discogs, at 44 bucks it is not TOO(P) highly priced. Could be worse (think I paid half that several years ago).

I don't know about stratospheric--it's 40-odd Euros currently from Discogs sellers--but that's a higher altitude than I care to fly. (I'm not much of a collector.)

John Luther Adams, Become Desert. On sale for $17.99 @ Music Millennium in Portland. (Let's hear it for indie record stores!) Would love to hear the Atmos mix, but 35 bucks seems a lot to pay for a download (okay, 28 with a 20% discount), and I don't have an Atmos system anyway.

Love From The Planet Gong - Gong

nice to see the DVD with the Quad mixes given pride of place in the set inside its' own sleeve nestling within a pouch, while the other discs are somewhat less ceremoniously slipped into multiple slots/slits.. overall looks like a nice wee package.

nMiAuCY.jpg

I7ZciDh.jpg

yeMWrZG.jpg

gS5zNhN.jpg

Love From The Planet Gong - Gong

nice to see the DVD with the Quad mixes given pride of place in the set inside its' own sleeve nestling within a pouch, while the other discs are somewhat less ceremoniously slipped into multiple slots/slits.. overall looks like a nice wee package.

nMiAuCY.jpg

I7ZciDh.jpg

yeMWrZG.jpg

gS5zNhN.jpg
Anxiously awaiting mine to arrive from the UK! Of course, I'm filling up the time with ABBEY ROAD, so that's cool :giggle:

"..i know what happens,
i read the book,
i believe i just got the Quadro look.."

(won't you pour me a Cuban Breeze, jefe1!)🍹🥳

I saw the Steely Dan band a couple of weeks ago (great show--Fagen was in good voice and good humor, and the band was killin', as the jazzers say). One of the few unorthodox choices on the setlist was "The Goodbye Look," and it was the one tune that stymied Keith Carlock, who was otherwise impeccable--and indefatigable--all night long. He just couldn't quite nail that samba rhythm...

Last edited:
I saw the Steely Dan band a couple of weeks ago (great show--Fagen was in good voice and good humor, and the band was killin', as the jazzers say). One of the few unorthodox choices on the setlist was "The Goodbye Look," and it was the one tune that stymied Keith Carlock, who was otherwise impeccable--and indefatigable--all night long. He just couldn't quite nail that samba rhythm...
I love that song "The Goodbye Look" Awesome demo song. Turn it way up !!!

Back