DVD-V 5.1 Albums - What's Your Latest? NO Video DVD-V, DVD-A, Blu-Ray-A or SACD's

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just acquired Barclay James Harvest XII Deluxe Edition.
56F22AF3-6CC0-455C-9B03-D3BDD8C323E9.jpeg

Ultravox "Vienna" Deluxe Edition 5 CD / 1 DVD

View attachment 57577

quick gripe before anything even enters my slot;

i wince when i come across this type of packaging i call "kamikaze kardboard".. you know the kind, a gatefold LP sleeve with little slots that the CD-sized card sleeves sit inside.. and sure as shit in transit those CDs/DVDs and their slipcovers end up out of their compartments, having a gay old time falling about inside the bloody box while merrily self-destructing. great.

ah well, the purveyors of these big ass boxsets have only had the last decade or so to perfect the packaging, i should cut them some slack.. 🤣

Jethro Tull : A (A La Mode edition) CDs/DVDs

looks like another lovely package just as everything in this fantastic series of releases!

0FB3BFBD-D95A-489A-8BDF-AEDA4308015E.jpeg

however this is going to have to be the last such set i buy from Amazon, since its just arrived (in little more than an envelope, which itself was half open!) and even before i open the book up i can see the discs inside have come loose off their hubs so i imagine they will all be scratched, plus all corners have got bashed up in transit and are now dog-eared and poking right through the shrinkwrap. UGH. 😢

97E87698-E4E5-4071-8801-F22A03251191.jpeg EC557FA3-E21C-4856-BA37-8C8D82F51572.jpegF6661CE3-7AB5-4F53-99A8-7E7F85C102F9.jpeg

The biggest score of a recent road trip: Cornelius, Sensurround. Hard to find--and usually pricey. I found it languishing in the music videos section of the Sandy Blvd. branch of Everyday Music in Portland, Oregon. 7 bucks! (Hat tip to @popshop and @elmer.)

View attachment 68999
I thought that price sticker looked familiar! I used to live in NE Portland and my home was about three miles from the Sandy Blvd location of Everyday Music and I visited that store on a weekly basis, along with the NW Burnside location.

One year I spent enough $$$ at that store to declare them as a dependent on my tax return. :rolleyes:

Jethro Tull : Benefit (The 50th Anniversary Enhanced Edition) 4 CD/2 DVD-V

F58D3EDD-A473-4A65-B425-8A6C6AE29494.jpeg

well i vowed never to buy another JT type book set from Amazon again but i broke down and broke my own rule and as you can see this one's only got mild dings where the corners poked through the shrinkwrap so not as shabby as last time's horror show.. but ultimately since we all probably have the original 5.1 release will we feel the Benefit of the book and extras!? 🤔 well, will we..!!

Back