• 1: Bad Mix, Bad Sound, Bad Content

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your comments, thoughts and observations.......(y) (n)

Last edited by a moderator:

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
A '7' but with qualifications...first of all, "Gates Of Eden" is might-as-well be mono: it was flat mono on the stereo Lp, and the only non-stereo track on it. It's not stereo or multi here, either....the rest, however, are in decent surround, the only drawback being the sound can be a bit thin at times, typical of this Lp and HIGHWAY 61. One could even say harsh, though a little Eq work helps if that bothers you.

Glad they did it this way, but a shame HIGHWAY 61 didn't get the same treatment, that's an even wilder ride...and fully stereo.

ED:)

hafquark

300 Club - QQ All-Star
One of Dylan's best. The songs are "10" overall. The surround mix is ambient, designed to deliver a live-in-the-studio feel, and I'd say an "8" for accomplishing what it set out to do. A solid "9" for me.

cupboy

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
A '7' but with qualifications...first of all, "Gates Of Eden" is might-as-well be mono: it was flat mono on the stereo Lp, and the only non-stereo track on it. It's not stereo or multi here, either....the rest, however, are in decent surround, the only drawback being the sound can be a bit thin at times, typical of this Lp and HIGHWAY 61. One could even say harsh, though a little Eq work helps if that bothers you.

Glad they did it this way, but a shame HIGHWAY 61 didn't get the same treatment, that's an even wilder ride...and fully stereo.

ED:)
An even bigger shame is Desire, since they already had a quad mix.

HugoPhyrst

I just received this the other day - reasonably priced. The music is legendary and I am thrilled to have another Bob Dylan album at high fidelity. Overall, the surround is pretty tame and, as others have mentioned, ambient. Some songs have a more pronounced use of surrounds for instrumentation but others not so much. I know these songs but never had this album so that is making it enjoyable.

I vote an 8. Highly recommend it if you don't have it.