Music DVD Poll Eagles - Farewell Tour: Live From Melbourne [2 Discs]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD Video of the Eagles Farewell Tour I

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Mix, Poor Picture, Poor Content

• Total voters
FYI: The Eagles have signed an "exclusive" agreement with Wal-Mart. That's why the DVD is so cheap. The bonus CD with 3 unreleased tracks is only available at Sams & Wal-Mart. Also, when their new CD is released in 2007, it will ONLY BE AVAILABLE AT WAL-MART (and Sams)!!!!!

So no, it's not being discontinued, it's just an exclusive at that price and with the CD!!

I gave it a solid 9.

The guy's, IMHO, took a while to warm up in this concert. After they did, the show was very good. The mix was also very good.
For some reason I want to compare this to Hell Freezes Over which I personally liked better.

The emotions from the band as they performed in Hell Freezes over was really something to behold and for the era, the sound was pretty good too.

Excellent! Just picked this up at Sam's Club for 12 bucks. Great concert and enjoyable to watch. Kinda new to the video/surround etc etc music world, since getting the HD TV and upgrading my HT system. Awesome stuff!! Also picked up Eric Claptop 2007 Guitar Festival (yet to watch) at Sam's for half the BB price.

My wife and I have watched/listened to this DVD(s) more times than anything I can think of. We went to see the Eagles when they played in L.A. in October, and really enjoyed it. The DVD does wonders compared to the live experience in terms of the audio, but the show was fantastic. The DVD is great. (y)

I was real late to this one as the Eagles were not a priority buy for me back in 2006/07, but I found a used copy for $10 this weekend...... I gave a 9, surround for a concert recording was excellent (hey, real back channel discreteness on the Hotel CA opening!) but I would have liked a bit more early Eagles material <can't demerit them for that though>. Also a bit slow to warm-up in the performance, but even Henley may have cracked a smile eventually. I thought Joe Walsh's playing was very good despite the antics, getting off the sauce seems to have improved his motor reflexes. My only question is what happened to Don Felder? The stand in guy played the country inflexed guitar parts very well but....

Don Felder is actually still a "member" of the Eagles, but he's not part of the act anymore. He sued Henley & Frey and won a "sealed" decision. He wrote a book about it which is very interesting.

The dude who plays his parts now is not an Eagle, but pretty much does his guitar work note for note. One thing about this release is that the tune "No More Cloudy Days" appears on their "Long Road Out of Eden" album, but it debuted on this video disc.

This HD-DVD is the only reason I still have a player. Everytime I play it and use the menu's and such, I get the feeling that the wrong format won......

Back