BluRay Music Video Poll Eagles - Farewell Tour: Live From Melbourne [Blu-Ray, HD-DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Blu-Ray/HD-DVD of The Eagles - FAREWELL TOUR I

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Fidelity, Poor Surround Mix, Poor Content

• Total voters
I am sending you the HD-DVD rip of that song. I don't recall how I got it to 24/96. Maybe I resampled it but I don't know why I would have done that. Either that or whatever software I used upsampled it. :confused::mad:@::confused:

On a related note, I seem to recall that the DTS LaserDisc of "Hell Freezes Over" had the best audio quality, over the DTS-CD and the DVD-V and DTS-DVD.

Thanks so much- post above is updated. Based on this new information and data, I have to conclude the HD-DVD is the best way to experience this title. Do the menus and interface look different from the Blu-Ray?

As for how you ripped it- I know they made HD-DVD drives- MakeMKV, DVDAE, AudioMuxer, etc may work on them. I'll have to read further on that.

I let a Toshiba HD-DVD player go at a goodwill store a few weeks ago- maybe I should've picked it up...

Thanks so much- post above is updated. Based on this new information and data, I have to conclude the HD-DVD is the best way to experience this title. Do the menus and interface look different from the Blu-Ray?

As for how you ripped it- I know they made HD-DVD drives- MakeMKV, DVDAE, AudioMuxer, etc may work on them. I'll have to read further on that.

I let a Toshiba HD-DVD player go at a goodwill store a few weeks ago- maybe I should've picked it up...

Oh, I have one of those LG BluRay/HD-DVD Drives for the PC that I still use. I just can't recall the software I used.

As for HD-DVD, as far as I was concerned, this was way better than BluRay, especially at the time. The "Farewell Tour I" has a beautiful menu system that fluidly scrolls across the lower portion of the screen as the program plays, allowing you to go through each song title and select it without exiting the program. My feeling is that Sony was not going to allow another system to win the HD Disc battle and pulled out all of the stops making sure HD-DVD hit the trail. I can't blame them, I just don't like it at all. HD-DVD was a great format, IMHO.

Oh, I have one of those LG BluRay/HD-DVD Drives for the PC that I still use. I just can't recall the software I used.

As for HD-DVD, as far as I was concerned, this was way better than BluRay, especially at the time. The "Farewell Tour I" has a beautiful menu system that fluidly scrolls across the lower portion of the screen as the program plays, allowing you to go through each song title and select it without exiting the program. My feeling is that Sony was not going to allow another system to win the HD Disc battle and pulled out all of the stops making sure HD-DVD hit the trail. I can't blame them, I just don't like it at all. HD-DVD was a great format, IMHO.

I used the XBOX USB HD-DVD drive and MakeMKV to rip many of my discs on my PC but I can't get this disc to rip using that method. Most of my movies work but most of the concert discs don't work. Bummer but at least my old Toshiba player works but only does DTS, no lossless.

I agree that the menus are so much better than Blu-ray's! Especially for concert discs.

I just bought the HD-DVD based on some of the comments here after seeing the concert on TV over the holidays. When I play it on my Toshiba player, the menu shows only DTS 5.1, but when I check the input signal on my receiver, it says DTS HD Master at 48 Hz. It showed the same when I ripped it to my hard drive (and lossless, of course). Weird. Regardless, I'll vote when I've had a chance to listen to the whole concert.

Back