Eagles 'Hell Freezes Over"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bear

I have the DTS DVD video of the Eagles 'hell freezes over' and love it. The DTS autio track 'Seven Bridges" sounds so much better that the rest of the DVD though. Does anyone know if the DTS Audio DVD of the same title has better sound or sounds the same as the video? I thought maybe the audio might sound better as it has more bandwith on the DVD without the video but would hate to get it have it sound the same. Also, if anyone has YES Fragile in DVD-A, have they noticed that the DTS version sounds better than the DVD-A?

The audio only disc is a DTS CD, sold either in the old jewel box of the newer DVD-A super jewel box. There is no DVD-A of this title. I had the CD, then replaced it with the DVD video, then realized I needed the audio DTS CD to play on non-DVD systems.

I've not played the DTS track on the Fragile DVD-A, I imagine the DTS track would be pretty close from past experience. Why would the DTS codec sound better that the MLP DVD-A?

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Why would the DTS codec sound better that the MLP DVD-A? [/quote]
I agree! the M.L.P. would sound better as it is higher rez, and un-lossey,uncompressed, and "should" be the same source!:rolleyes:
0] Rob

Thanks for the replies - When i said DVD audio for the 'Hell freezes Over' disk, I meant Audio vs Video ( not DVD-A). Do you think the DTS audio disk has the same sound as the DTS Video or might it sound better?

Thanks Quadfather - Do you think the audio is better on the CD or the Video - or is it the same? I thought it might be better on the CD as there is more space on the disk without the video but I guess that logic may be flawed. To me the last song, 'Seven Bridges', sounded better than the rest of the video as it was just an audio track so I thought maybe the CD might sound better as well.

This is the CD that sold me on 5.1 back in 1998. I walked in to the the home theatre room that the local Bryn Mawr Stereo (now Tweeter) had and my jaw dropped as I heard the sound coming from all around. To this day it is still one of the best sounding DTS audio discs I have.

Back