Eagles Live from the Forum 2018

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is fine, I'd like to see and hear it. If it's anywhere as good as a 5.1 mix at "Farewell Tour 1" HD-DVD, then it should be great.

However, I am still disappointed that there never was a 5.1 BluRay of the "History of the Eagles Tour", or the "Long Road Out of Eden" tour. Those should have been no brainers, and Glenn was still there.

I'm just finishing re-reading Don Felders autobiography. The internal strife in that group was remarkable. Then I watched the Rock and Roll Hall induction with the speeches. Felder's recollection and the looks on some of the faces was just sad. A little off topic (apologies) and this should be an interesting watch and likely purchase...such a great band in their prime.

Jon I hope they eventually release those tours, especially because I saw them on the Long Road Out of Eden tour.

I was really hoping for the "Long Road Out of Eden" tour BluRay, since I actually like *some* of the songs on that album, and they only played the good ones in the tour, because the idiot people seated around me treated those songs like they were an intermission and spent most of the time those songs were being played shouting at each other, talking on their phones to people not there, and basically just being completely oblivious to the concert. (See, Ireally AM turning into a curmudgeon) :whistle:

I was really hoping for the "Long Road Out of Eden" tour BluRay, since I actually like *some* of the songs on that album, and they only played the good ones in the tour, because the idiot people seated around me treated those songs like they were an intermission and spent most of the time those songs were being played shouting at each other, talking on their phones to people not there, and basically just being completely oblivious to the concert. (See, Ireally AM turning into a curmudgeon) :whistle:
How was the sound of that show Jon?
That's the main reason I don't go to concerts much anymore; they're usually just too damn loud with crappy sound, and then the disrespectful jokers on their phones etc. I've mentioned here before that some of the best sound I've ever heard was at those 70's Eagles concerts, just magical stuff (and it was at a medium sized arena also-think I was about 6-7 rows back from the stage!)

:sneaky: .........what we need is an Eagles Quadio (well we're getting the Doobies)!

Unfortunately, according to the Quadraphonic Discography ONLY two of their albums were ever remixed to surround and it has been stated that the Eagles were not amenable to re~releasing their albums in surround ......

EAGLES -
On the Border. Asylum EQ-1004 (CD4), 8Q-1004 (Q8)
One of These Nights. Asylum EQ-1039 (CD4), Q8-1039 (Q8)

Unfortunately, according to the Quadraphonic Discography ONLY two of their albums were ever remixed to surround and it has been stated that the Eagles were not amenable to re~releasing their albums in surround ......

EAGLES -
On the Border. Asylum EQ-1004 (CD4), 8Q-1004 (Q8)
One of These Nights. Asylum EQ-1039 (CD4), Q8-1039 (Q8)
They'd do, surely somebody could sneak it out whilst they're fighting with each other! :ROFLMAO:

I've always liked log-a-rythmns!

Good one, Dunc!

See the source image

How was the sound of that show Jon?
That's the main reason I don't go to concerts much anymore; they're usually just too damn loud with crappy sound, and then the disrespectful jokers on their phones etc. I've mentioned here before that some of the best sound I've ever heard was at those 70's Eagles concerts, just magical stuff (and it was at a medium sized arena also-think I was about 6-7 rows back from the stage!)

The sound wasn't bad. By that I mean is wasn't all amplitude.

The "We only know the songs on the greatest hits album crowd" was pretty bad.
I don't mind people who stand up at concerts (even if they're in front of me as long as they are into the music), I don't mind sing along folks (although that can be annoying), but for crying out loud, the tickets were over $350 and for that you should STFU and listen to the GD tunes, even if you've never heard them before. Either that or go to the bathroom! :mad:

The sound wasn't bad. By that I mean is wasn't all amplitude.

The "We only know the songs on the greatest hits album crowd" was pretty bad.
I don't mind people who stand up at concerts (even if they're in front of me as long as they are into the music), I don't mind sing along folks (although that can be annoying), but for crying out loud, the tickets were over $350 and for that you should STFU and listen to the GD tunes, even if you've never heard them before. Either that or go to the bathroom! :mad:
No shit, I hear that, in the mid 70's my Eagles tickets were like $7.50 (yes- Seven dollars and fifty cents) :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back