Earth, Wind & Fire - Head to the Sky - Audio Fidelity 4.0 Multichannel SACD (April 2016)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought some of the tracks lacked clarity, a bit muffled.
Maybe that's what you get from a 43 year old recording

Great sound and mix on this one. It is , though very short for the price.
Also, did anyone notice on the back it says "Multichannel Maven Brian Maura".... Our very own!!!!!
HOWEVER, they made ANOTHER error, if no one else noticed. The case cover shows on the back:
SACD Mono/SACD Surround Sound/ CD Mono. Below that it says:Stereo CD and SACD mastering Steve Hoffman and Stephan Marsh.
Then the next column over it says: Mono CD can be played on all standard CD players/SACD Mono requires SACD player.
I checked the disc and the stereo SACD and CD layers ARE stereo.

Great sound and mix on this one. It is , though very short for the price.
Also, did anyone notice on the back it says "Multichannel Maven Brian Maura".... Our very own!!!!!
HOWEVER, they made ANOTHER error, if no one else noticed. The case cover shows on the back:
SACD Mono/SACD Surround Sound/ CD Mono. Below that it says:Stereo CD and SACD mastering Steve Hoffman and Stephan Marsh.
Then the next column over it says: Mono CD can be played on all standard CD players/SACD Mono requires SACD player.
I checked the disc and the stereo SACD and CD layers ARE stereo.

This labeling mistake has already been pointed out. They most likely copy & pasted the 'mono' information from the Sly & The Family Stone SACD (which IS mono) without even thinking twice about it. It's a stupid but insignificant mistake IMHO. No real harm done. :)

This labeling mistake has already been pointed out. They most likely copy & pasted the 'mono' information from the Sly & The Family Stone SACD (which IS mono) without even thinking twice about it. It's a stupid but insignificant mistake IMHO. No real harm done. :)

I was all ready to get out my red pen because surroundophile spelled Brian Moura and Stephen Marsh's names wrong (NOT Maura/Stephan)* which, BTW, are both spelled correctly on the EW&F disc jacket. But the important thing is NOT the spelling but how great this QUAD remaster sounds. Perhaps AF should hire an English major to go over the jacket and physical disc itself for possible printing errors before sending it off to the printers and AUSTRIA for jacket and disc replication thus avoiding future delays in getting the discs to market.

I'd be happy to do it if it means getting FREE discs.

[* unless it was (wink, wink) intentional]

Perhaps AF should hire an English major to go over the jacket and physical disc itself for possible printing errors before sending it off to the printers and AUSTRIA for jacket and disc replication thus avoiding future delays in getting the discs to market.

No need for an English major. This French Canadian College Drop Out could easily get the job done for free! :D

No need for an English major. This French Canadian College Drop Out could easily get the job done for free! :D

Simon, as long as you can differentiate between stereo and mono, quadraphonic and quintophonic, cinco de mayo and the twelfth of never....you have the job!

This album doesn't really pick up for me until the last track, but GOT DANGED if that track isn't a total bad-@$$ MOTHUH-PHOKUH!!!

Went back and played this disc agaon last night (having dozed off near the end the night before) and yes, Zanzibar is absolutely killer. It alone is worth the price of admission.
If I hadn't already known I'm not sure I would have identified it as an EWF track

Back