Earth, Wind & Fire - Head to the Sky - Audio Fidelity 4.0 Multichannel SACD (April 2016)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SQ vinyl too, catalog # CQ 32194. I don't think there are any Columbia quad releases that came out on 8-track only and not vinyl. There are plenty where the opposite is true, vinyl only and no corresponding Q8 like the Mike Oldfield titles, Isley Bros. 'Harvest For The World', O'Jays 'Survival' and 'Family Reunion', Harold Melvin 'Wake Up Everybody', Don Ellis 'Tears Of Joy', the Miles Davis titles, and plenty more.

141674459684.jpg

All good ones, decode pretty respectably through the SQ Surround Master for the most part.. few more SQ-only Columbia (and assoc label) Quads I love that never saw Q8 release (afaik) include.. MFSB/Philadelphia Freedom, Billy Joel/Turnstiles, Bob Dylan/Desire, BT Express/Energy To Burn, Johnnie Taylor/Eargasm, Phoebe Snow/Second Childhood, Loggins & Messina/Native Sons..

Did anyone else get a really tight fitting slipcase, or did I just get an odd one? I don't see anything wrong with it other than it's a bit tough to slip the jewel case in and out of it.

Did anyone else get a really tight fitting slipcase, or did I just get an odd one? I don't see anything wrong with it other than it's a bit tough to slip the jewel case in and out of it.

Cboy, a little WD40 should do the trick.

And make sure the CD case is securely closed.

And most importantly, use whiteout to cover the erroneous MONO designations on the rear of the slipcase.

Cboy, a little WD40 should do the trick.

And make sure the CD case is securely closed.

And most importantly, use whiteout to cover the erroneous MONO designations on the rear of the slipcase.
Oh, we're supposed to save the slipcases? I figured y'all threw those out along with the shrink wrap.

You are so right! I have a large pile of Silver slipcased 4.0 Audio Fidelity discs, and the latest Earth Wind & Fire turned up today - oh plus the new golden 5.0 Dylan - :)

As of April 27, 2016, we're now up to 25 Surround SACDs from Audio Fidelity.
(plus two more officially announced)

Bet'cha can't buy just one! :music

You are so right! I have a large pile of Silver slipcased 4.0 Audio Fidelity discs, and the latest Earth Wind & Fire turned up today - oh plus the new golden 5.0 Dylan - :)

Jealous!! :p I want that Head to the sky SACD now too.. where is my copy!? Those Amazonian slowcoach bastardos..

Adam, Keep your head to the sky and an Amazon drone may drop one on your noggi:bounce17n.

Haha..! Will do Ralphie! :upthumb

Oh don't talk to me about those damned drones! :D
Crooks were caught using a drone to drop off booty to inmates in HM Prison the other day! Thus marks the end of the "cake with a file in it" days of smuggling stuff into jail I guess..

Haha..! Will do Ralphie! :upthumb

Oh don't talk to me about those damned drones! :D
Crooks were caught using a drone to drop off booty to inmates in HM Prison the other day! Thus marks the end of the "cake with a file in it" days of smuggling stuff into jail I guess..

I assure you Adam, the moanin' and dronin' will be over when you pop Head to the Sky in your SACD player. To DIE FOR!

.......and having just listened to it, it sounds really good!

It is a really excellent 4 Channel Surround Sound SACD. No dout about it.
Enjoy!

And be sure to post your review and ratings over on the Hi Rez Surround Poll here. :)

Just got my copy yesterday...and I may say I am very pleased...it sounds great!!!
(I know , I must have a fever....I usually don't like the AF Quad releases' sound!!!)

They did something right here...

I had to look this thread up ...Mono? .....a bit sloppy, Roscoe....but , hey, it's a "curio" that way...

Back