HiRez Poll Earth, Wind & Fire - SPIRIT & THAT'S THE WAY OF THE WORLD [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Earth, Wind & Fire - SPIRIT & THAT'S THE WAY OF THE WORLD

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 1: Terrible Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters
Is there any better surround mix from the quad era than “Burnin’ Bush” at the end of the “Spirit” album?

Spirit is indeed one of the best, but here are a few others not (yet) available digitally that I think would seriously impress a lot of folks here:
Aerosmith - Rocks
Isley Brothers - Go For Your Guns
O'Jays - Message In The Music
Paul Simon - There Goes Rhymin' Simon
Jackson Browne - Late For The Sky

Spirit is indeed one of the best, but here are a few others not (yet) available digitally that I think would seriously impress a lot of folks here:
Aerosmith - Rocks
Isley Brothers - Go For Your Guns
O'Jays - Message In The Music
Paul Simon - There Goes Rhymin' Simon
Jackson Browne - Late For The Sky
4 out of 5 of those are Sony, right? Simon would probably put the kabash on his....but the other three?

Aerosmith might be a stretch for D-V but the other two seem VERY much like possibilities!

Someone has the 4.0 of Shining Star from the SACD uploaded on YouTube already, mixed down to stereo. I checked for That's The Way Of The World and it wasn't uploaded. I'd rather hear that uploaded than SS.

Based on what I read in this thread I just received my copy from Vocalion. As a dyed-in-the-wool fan of Earth, Wind & Fire and acquaintance of Maurice White listening to this in multi-channel brought me to tears of joy. It sounds sooooo good! I love hearing all the tracks as I've never heard them before. The only downside is this now makes me sad that some of the groups other albums, especially All N All and I Am, aren't available in multi-channel. I imagine hearing the incredibly complex tracks In the Stone and In the Marketplace+Jupiter would be a life-altering experience. What a shame. But I'm still loving Gratitude and Spirit/That's the Way of the World. If you get a chance to re-listen to Sunshine on Gratitude pay close attention to the bass - Maurice said it's his favorite by brother Verdine.

not on a witch hunt at all, i'm just kinda curious to know from that outlying "7" voter what they were hearing to bring them to that conclusion, i think its a bit of a shame when there's no accompanying post to go with a vote score, even if a member totally hates a surround disc it's very useful to know how they feel about it 👍

anyhoo, still a "Top 10" chez moi ❤

The only downside is this now makes me sad that some of the groups other albums, especially All N All and I Am, aren't available in multi-channel. I imagine hearing the incredibly complex tracks In the Stone and In the Marketplace+Jupiter would be a life-altering experience. What a shame. But I'm still loving Gratitude and Spirit/That's the Way of the World.

Have you heard the quad mixes of Open Our Eyes and Head To The Sky? Audio Fidelity released them on SACD a few years ago.
https://www.discogs.com/Earth-Wind-Fire-Open-Our-Eyes/release/7028142https://www.discogs.com/Earth-Wind-Fire-Head-To-The-Sky/release/8222123

Based on what I read in this thread I just received my copy from Vocalion. As a dyed-in-the-wool fan of Earth, Wind & Fire and acquaintance of Maurice White listening to this in multi-channel brought me to tears of joy. It sounds sooooo good! I love hearing all the tracks as I've never heard them before. The only downside is this now makes me sad that some of the groups other albums, especially All N All and I Am, aren't available in multi-channel. I imagine hearing the incredibly complex tracks In the Stone and In the Marketplace+Jupiter would be a life-altering experience. What a shame. But I'm still loving Gratitude and Spirit/That's the Way of the World. If you get a chance to re-listen to Sunshine on Gratitude pay close attention to the bass - Maurice said it's his favorite by brother Verdine.
(y) Very nice post @PTVMan
Keep them coming and welcome to the QQ forum...

Finally listened to this after a year and a half. What took me so long? A gentleman wrote a great essay on the site about this release that I read last week. Wish I could find it to give him credit for getting me excited to listen to this. Great everything here. Blown away. Yes, 10.

If for no other reason than to have two classic EWF albums. Add the quad mixes and you have yourself a bargain!!
I think this is the best bargain in all of surround. Getting two Top 2 albums that sold over a combined 5 million that were sonic gems even when they were released -- AND getting the rare and spectacular quad mixes for ~$15?

Unless one just so simply can't stomach 70s R&B that they never purchase anything in that genre, I can't imagine anyone here not wanting this release.

Back