• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

eBay "Shockers" discussion (formerly Shocker Log)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

AdriaanC

Hi,

I'd been lurking in this forum for quite some time. The following MCH SACDs were mentioned in this thread and are on offer/bid on a Dutch ebay like site. Are these albums any good and are the prices realistic?

Mathilde Santing - New Amsterdam € 65 bid
ML - Leaving € 65 bid
K's Choice € 160 and € 200 bid
James Taylor - Flag (sealed CBS) € 10 bid
David Ellias - Window (sealed) € 65 bid
Chicago Transit Autority - same (sealed Rhino QuadraDisc) € 10 bid

Cheers,

Adriaan

vinylguy4

600 Club - QQ All-Star
I liked the ML disc, an early SACD, would be a bit too pricey for me at that price.
CTA - excellent, a very good price. Boxed set out now if you want all the Chicago quad releases.
James Taylor, go for it at that price.

vinylguy4

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova

Gmat25

Not sure what the last one went for, but I think it was around this price. I have heard a DTS copy in the past and its essentially the Scorpions with orchestra. Somewhat discreet. It is amazing how something OOP can bring unbelievable $$!!!!!

grill

800 Club - QQ All-Star
Not sure what the last one went for, but I think it was around this price. I have heard a DTS copy in the past and its essentially the Scorpions with orchestra. Somewhat discreet. It is amazing how something OOP can bring unbelievable $$!!!!!
The property of mankind is being concentrated at less and less people. IMHO this trend is reflected in these auctions aiming those rich people.

I was considering bidding until the price was too close to $2,000 with a few hours to go. I could see that it was going to sell for more than I wanted to pay. It sold for more than I bought my near-mint Akai GX-400D-SS for!

halbroome

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
As a new member (hi :)), I read this thread with interest, as I only started collecting multi-channels a few years ago. Comparing prices on eBay now to when this thread started, I seem to have gotten a few bargains!

Last edited: