• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

eBay "Shockers" discussion (formerly Shocker Log)

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
:cool:

Yeah guess I should be happy - got it for about the same amount... I’ll give it a play again soonish - sub adjusted. :cool:

But there really are some silly prices around...

One of the craziest prices I’ve seen recently is for the Vangalis - Blade Runner OST SACD...
Which is in stereo! £100?!?! :eek:
Blade Runner ..... Stereo SACD .... 100 bucks!!!!! Geez.....one can buy the UHD 4K Remaster with a Dolby Atmos Soundtrack for FAR LESS. https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Blade-Runner-4K-Blu-ray/181637/

There's a sucker born every day ........ and they're all eating MUSHROOMS!

Last edited:

vegas

One of the rarest Sony SACD "The O' Jays - Ship Ahoy" in the flesh! :eek: Interesting to see how much it will goes for in the end. :cool:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/302923665460

This seller has many rare stuff by the way... Aerosmith 'Toys In The Attic' and Jeff Beck 'Blow By Blow' SACD's to name a few.

Upd. Sold for crazy money. :eek:
Screenshot(1).png

Last edited:

halbroome

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
One of the rarest Sony SACD "The O' Jays - Ship Ahoy" in the flesh! :eek: Interesting to see how much it will goes for in the end. :cool:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/302923665460

This seller has many rare stuff by the way... Aerosmith 'Toys In The Attic' and Jeff Beck 'Blow By Blow' SACD's to name a few.

Upd. Sold for crazy money. :eek:
View attachment 36229
Maybe something of a bargain: the highest sold price on Discogs is . . . 270 dollars!!!

Is it the rarity or the quality that makes it so expensive?

halbroome

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I remember in 2004 being delighted to see LIVE AID 1985 on sale at WalMart -- 5.1, not that I had multi ability then -- but held off as I thought 24 bucks was a lot, although I eventually succumbed. Should have bought two!

On eBay right now:

which is cheaper than Amazon or Discogs (nearly 300 bucks!). Wow. However, look around, and you might snag one ("missing 3rd disc") that's somewhat less dear. . . .

(Oh, and don't expect any royalties going to Africa)

Last edited: