eBay "Shockers" discussion (formerly Shocker Log)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,

I'd been lurking in this forum for quite some time. The following MCH SACDs were mentioned in this thread and are on offer/bid on a Dutch ebay like site. Are these albums any good and are the prices realistic?

Mathilde Santing - New Amsterdam € 65 bid
ML - Leaving € 65 bid
K's Choice € 160 and € 200 bid
James Taylor - Flag (sealed CBS) € 10 bid
David Ellias - Window (sealed) € 65 bid
Chicago Transit Autority - same (sealed Rhino QuadraDisc) € 10 bid

Cheers,

Adriaan

I liked the ML disc, an early SACD, would be a bit too pricey for me at that price.
CTA - excellent, a very good price. Boxed set out now if you want all the Chicago quad releases.
James Taylor, go for it at that price.

vinylguy4

Not sure what the last one went for, but I think it was around this price. I have heard a DTS copy in the past and its essentially the Scorpions with orchestra. Somewhat discreet. It is amazing how something OOP can bring unbelievable $$!!!!!

Not sure what the last one went for, but I think it was around this price. I have heard a DTS copy in the past and its essentially the Scorpions with orchestra. Somewhat discreet. It is amazing how something OOP can bring unbelievable $$!!!!!

The property of mankind is being concentrated at less and less people. IMHO this trend is reflected in these auctions aiming those rich people.

A Pioneer RT-909 mint condition, still boxed, probably never even unboxed or used by the looks of it. Even for 35 years old in that condition I've never seen one go for $3,000 before. It went well outside of my price range and nearly a thousand beyond where I thought it might max out.

Pioneer RT-909 mint condition

A Pioneer RT-909 mint condition, still boxed, probably never even unboxed or used by the looks of it. Even for 35 years old in that condition I've never seen one go for $3,000 before. It went well outside of my price range and nearly a thousand beyond where I thought it might max out.

Pioneer RT-909 mint condition

Freaaaaking Nice :banana:

I was considering bidding until the price was too close to $2,000 with a few hours to go. I could see that it was going to sell for more than I wanted to pay. It sold for more than I bought my near-mint Akai GX-400D-SS for!

As a new member (hi :)), I read this thread with interest, as I only started collecting multi-channels a few years ago. Comparing prices on eBay now to when this thread started, I seem to have gotten a few bargains!

Last edited:
Back