Electric Light Orchestra - Cleveland 1978 - Out of the Blue tour video

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
So this does not appear like it will be an official release. From the looks of it I doubt there will even be a physical release. But even if this is something that is only going to be available on YouTube, it looks like it could be pretty great. The only official release from this tour is the Wembley video, which isn't that great. Hopefully this is an improvement.

Last edited:
Someone had sent us the link to this thread and we are glad they did. Now we can give you a first-hand update on this particular project. This concert will premiere at 5:00 P.M. UTC, on 26 June. That time and date was decided on in hopes of having it premiere when most people are off work, and it would not be too late for those in Europe and too early for those in North and South America. We hope this time is compatible with you all here as well.

The footage as it was received by us has text watermarks on it that could not be removed so it has been left alone and will be uploaded as is. This is the 4:3 resolution version. Now, we also feel that some would be dissuaded by those watermarks being a bit intrusive, so we are offering an alternative upload that is a cropped "widescreen" version. There are no watermarks since they are cropped out, but consequently there is less to see visually. We hope you all understand the intention of this here; while neither upload will be perfect, we hope this compromise is enough to keep you interested.

Last thing to note, the video you will be watching was likely projected onto the monitors in the venue so those seated behind the band could still see the show. There are some instances throughout where the feed goes black, this was likely so the audience would instead focus on the spectacles like the laser shows instead of the screen. Thankfully, these black screens do not last very long.

Provided below are the links:

Electric Light Orchestra - Live in USA, 1978 (4:3)

Electric Light Orchestra - Live in USA, 1978 (Widescreen)

We hope everyone interested here can make it to the premiere. With that, we will all be able to watch the concert play out in real time, just like those in 1978 were lucky to have done!

With best regards,
The Acetaters

Someone had sent us the link to this thread and we are glad they did. Now we can give you a first-hand update on this particular project. This concert will premiere at 5:00 P.M. UTC, on 26 June. That time and date was decided on in hopes of having it premiere when most people are off work, and it would not be too late for those in Europe and too early for those in North and South America. We hope this time is compatible with you all here as well.

The footage as it was received by us has text watermarks on it that could not be removed so it has been left alone and will be uploaded as is. This is the 4:3 resolution version. Now, we also feel that some would be dissuaded by those watermarks being a bit intrusive, so we are offering an alternative upload that is a cropped "widescreen" version. There are no watermarks since they are cropped out, but consequently there is less to see visually. We hope you all understand the intention of this here; while neither upload will be perfect, we hope this compromise is enough to keep you interested.

Last thing to note, the video you will be watching was likely projected onto the monitors in the venue so those seated behind the band could still see the show. There are some instances throughout where the feed goes black, this was likely so the audience would instead focus on the spectacles like the laser shows instead of the screen. Thankfully, these black screens do not last very long.

Provided below are the links:

Electric Light Orchestra - Live in USA, 1978 (4:3)

Electric Light Orchestra - Live in USA, 1978 (Widescreen)

We hope everyone interested here can make it to the premiere. With that, we will all be able to watch the concert play out in real time, just like those in 1978 were lucky to have done!

With best regards,
The Acetaters
Can't wait!!

I saw this Tour at the Oakland, California arena. This had to have been the peak of all that ELO was doing in 70s. I also saw them on their prior tour a year or so earlier at the Cow Palace, San Francisco.

I really love the album that came after “Out of the Blue.” But, it seemed by then, if I remember correctly, that the original ELO group was no more for some reason. There was a lot of change going on in the 70s, with musical tastes changing as well with new audiences.

Agree, this is just a killer show. I cannot believe I never got the chance to see them during their peak years. Sad........
And I regret seeing them only once for the Eldorado tour. Must be fun for @Old Quad Guy to watch this since he saw the show in California. I tell ya, Roll Over Beethoven alone would be worth the ticket price. Cleveland Rocks!

Hello again, everyone. We are now ready to share the links for Electric Light Orchestra - Live in Canada. It is set to premiere Sunday, 3 July at 5:00 PM UTC. Set your clocks, we want you there!

Please note that this concert is not 100% complete as it was received. It starts midway through Tightrope's intro so a small edit was down to make the transition more smooth. There are also some audio problems during parts of Mik's Violin Solo, but one of the Acetaters did a great job at cleaning it up best they could. Finally, the format is the same as Live in USA, the 4:3 will have watermarks but more to see and the widescreen will have the watermarks cropped out but ultimately less to see. This seemed to work well last time so it will be done again.

The Acetaters

Electric Light Orchestra - Live in Canada (4:3)

Electric Light Orchestra - Live in Canada (Widescreen Crop)

Back