Electric Light Orchestra - Eldorado - Mofi Stereo SACD and LP - coming Spring 2022 \o/

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snood

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Staff member
I am tempted to buy both the LP and SACD as well, as this is also an all-time fave for me. Maestro Lynne's masterpiece. But why announce it now when it's not shipping until Spring 2022?

And also what's the deal with the "SuperVinyl LP"? Whatever it is, it's driving the price up significantly. $59.99 for a single LP. Ouch!

From their website they say:

Developed by NEOTECH and RTI, MoFi SuperVinyl is the most exacting-to-specification vinyl compound ever devised. Analog lovers have never seen (or heard) anything like it. Extraordinarily expensive and extremely painstaking to produce, the special proprietary compound addresses two specific areas of improvement: noise floor reduction and enhanced groove definition. The vinyl composition features a new carbonless dye (hold the disc up to the light and see) and produces the world's quietest surfaces. This high-definition formula also allows for the creation of cleaner grooves that are indistinguishable from the original lacquer. MoFi SuperVinyl provides the closest approximation of what the label's engineers hear in the mastering lab.

I certainly hope it's worth the extra $$$!

I am tempted to buy both the LP and SACD as well, as this is also an all-time fave for me. Maestro Lynne's masterpiece. But why announce it now when it's not shipping until Spring 2022?

And also what's the deal with the "SuperVinyl LP"? Whatever it is, it's driving the price up significantly. $59.99 for a single LP. Ouch!

From their website they say:

Developed by NEOTECH and RTI, MoFi SuperVinyl is the most exacting-to-specification vinyl compound ever devised. Analog lovers have never seen (or heard) anything like it. Extraordinarily expensive and extremely painstaking to produce, the special proprietary compound addresses two specific areas of improvement: noise floor reduction and enhanced groove definition. The vinyl composition features a new carbonless dye (hold the disc up to the light and see) and produces the world's quietest surfaces. This high-definition formula also allows for the creation of cleaner grooves that are indistinguishable from the original lacquer. MoFi SuperVinyl provides the closest approximation of what the label's engineers hear in the mastering lab.

I certainly hope it's worth the extra $$$!
Ugh, the vinyl is so tempting for me.

Back