Electric Recording Company

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esimms86

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Just imagine owning two $600 copies of Love's "Forever Changes" in vinyl: one sealed for the highest in continued and ever growing value and one unsealed for playback. You may laugh now but it will surely both sell out and increase in value exceeding the original purchase price. This will make a sealed copy of "Avalon" in SACD seem like it's selling for pocket change.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/28/...ecording-co-vinyl.html?searchResultPosition=1

Having rediscovered early pressings I find this ..interesting...I'd never buy any of these but you gotta give this guy credit.
I think a better use would be creating pressigns for new albums but I am not the one on the article...

Well, people do collect these albums. Anyway, I’m happy for the business owner for following his passion. He’s really only trying to please himself and, even at those prices, his profit margins can’t be that great(and then consider how many hours he puts into each project, plus what the rights for even an extremely limited pressing of “Forever Changes” must cost).

Having said all that, I would, in better economic times, be willing to pay $100 for a hi resolution needle drop of their pressing of “Forever Changes.”

Back