Quad LP/Tape Poll Eleventh House with Larry Coryell: Introducing [SQ/Q8]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Introducing"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5 So-so

• 1: Crap Sound, Crap Mix, Crap Content

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Vanguard VSQ-40036, from 1974.

Side 1:

1. Birdfingers
2. The Funky Waltz
3. Low-Lee-Tah
4. Adam Smasher
5. Joy Ride

Side 2:

1. Yin
2. Theme For A Dream
3. Gratitude "A So Low"
4. Ism--Ejercicio
5. Right On Y'All

ED :)

9. An incredible album!! Nice Quad mix. A couple tracks drag, but the rest is like a walk off home run! This band is unbelievable! Coryell, Mouzon, Randy Brecker, Mike Mandel on keyboards (underrated!) and Danny Trifan. This is what jazz fusion is about. I've owned this on SQ, dbx LP, and CD. Needless to say, the CD is sonically the least stellar. If you like Mahavishnu, Miles and Weather Report, you'll love 11th House. Head and shoulders Coryell's best record. Mouzon can give Cobham a run for his money.

I agree, this album is amazing - one of those ones I probably would've never found if not for quad. I love the Q8 of this...I've never seen the quad reel, does it definitely exist? I would kill to hear it!

I really love the Eleventh House album after this, called Level One. The songs might be slightly less memorable, but the production is a bit better and I think the band sounds even tighter, and the playing is incredible. Amazing this album has never been issued on CD anywhere, ever!

9. An incredible album!! Nice Quad mix. A couple tracks drag, but the rest is like a walk off home run! This band is unbelievable! Coryell, Mouzon, Randy Brecker, Mike Mandel on keyboards (underrated!) and Danny Trifan. This is what jazz fusion is about. I've owned this on SQ, dbx LP, and CD. Needless to say, the CD is sonically the least stellar. If you like Mahavishnu, Miles and Weather Report, you'll love 11th House. Head and shoulders Coryell's best record. Mouzon can give Cobham a run for his money.

nothing MC on disc? I would love to here it discreet

Dave, you may have missed the part of my post where I mentioned the CD. It has been released on CD by Vanguard in the US, which is the one I own, and Akarma, a Vanguard licensee in Italy, perhaps there are other issues, as well. http://www.amazon.com/Eleventh-Hous...1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1338056164&sr=1-1-spell
I agree, this album is amazing - one of those ones I probably would've never found if not for quad. I love the Q8 of this...I've never seen the quad reel, does it definitely exist? I would kill to hear it!

I really love the Eleventh House album after this, called Level One. The songs might be slightly less memorable, but the production is a bit better and I think the band sounds even tighter, and the playing is incredible. Amazing this album has never been issued on CD anywhere, ever!

Dave, you may have missed the part of my post where I mentioned the CD. It has been released on CD by Vanguard in the US, which is the one I own, and Akarma, a Vanguard licensee in Italy, perhaps there are other issues, as well. http://www.amazon.com/Eleventh-Hous...1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1338056164&sr=1-1-spell

Linda, I was referring to the Eleventh House studio album that followed this one, which is called Level One. It was released in 1975, following the 11th House At Montreux album.

My apologies, Dave. I have also yet to find a CD of Level One. It is a great album. I do have a Japan CD of Aspects, which followed Level One. I also have mint LP's of both.

Linda, I was referring to the Eleventh House studio album that followed this one, which is called Level One. It was released in 1975, following the 11th House At Montreux album.

To answer the question about the existence of a quad reel of this, I don't think one exists. I've yet to see one surface anywhere, yet to hear from anyone that has one, and I've checked with some people with extensive reel collections, and they don't have one either. If it exists, it would have to be extremely rare.

Meanwhile, I just picked up a sealed copy of the Q8. Can't wait to give that one a listen once it arrives, the Q8 copy I currently have is a bit worn in spots.

__kgrhqn__hue49_f2zswbot_py2zeq__48_12.jpg

Sadly, these two are only in stereo, though great albums nevertheless! I have a Japanese CD of Aspects, but have never seen a CD of Level One. Both are on Arista. (2020 update: Later in 2012, Level One was released on Wounded Bird CD in US. Aspects still released on CD only in Japan.)
the_featuring_larry_coryell_eleventh_house-level_one.jpg
61EMFPH7T7L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Last edited:
It's good to see a pic of the first one, I've been scouring used stores, looking at the fine print for a quad copy, now I see it can't be missed! Also great to know there is a Q8 of it, I had no idea (haven't studied the discography that closely).

Wounded Bird recently released a CD release of Level One. Finally, and available on Amazon.com.

I have the Vanguard US CD.. which sounds "ok", if a bit bass-shy and treble-boosted.. but sadly the CD does diddly-squat in PLII.. which in the absence of a Quad rip I was hoping that it might just do something/anything (!) but it doesn't :(

I can't believe someone hasn't made a transfer of the Q8 or SQ LP.. if they have I can't find it anywhere.. I love the album and am desperate to hear it in Quad!

on a (related) tangent.. were any of Alphonse Mouzon's albums (things like the amazing workout he did with Tommy Bolin, "Mind Transplant") given the Quad treatment?

Indeed I do need to watch ebay. Might be a long stretch before that comes up again. Only one bidder!

there was a Q8 of the Eleventh House up for sale on eBay a few weeks ago. it appeared to be in tip-top condition.

I didn't watch what it went for as I'm only geared up for stereo 8-track.. but I might just have to get a Q8 deck after all so I can finally hear things like this (and stuff like the O'Jays & Isley Brothers quad mixes - which have never been ripped, or if they have they've never been disseminated up til now).

HOLY SHEEP SHIT!!! This is absolutely one of THE best quad mixes ever. I can't say enough good things about it. Totally brilliant I have always dug this album and am a huge Alphonze Mouzon fan but after hearing this in quad it really takes it to a whole other level that I can't even describe. This one goes to 11!!

I'd love to hear a surround mix of Mind Transplant. that would KILL!!

Back