Elliot Scheiner Switches to ATC SCM-25A 3-Way Reference Active Monitors

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree 100%...they don't need any endorsements at this point.

They have many endorsements.

Speaking of the ATC 50's, they will be in the ATC listening room during the AXPONA Audio Show that starts tomorrow.
Chicago area QQ members going to AXPONA should visit the ATC room and check out their Stereo demo. You will be impressed!

I suspect that maybe Berklee didn't pay for theirs.

Educational institutions that teach recording receive discounts from pro audio equipment makers.
As do their students.

I'm sure that Berklee received an Educational discount on their ATCs (typically around 20% to 25%).
Not free. But not list price. :)

In trying to find specs on these speakers found a more reasonable price point, but still not in my range. These are used in most of the top studios today so Scheiner may be correct in changing to these.

Would be great to hear these, not sure what their return policy is and if you could even convince them to send you a pair (to sample). Break in period may not be within return timeframe with possible restocking fees your probable cost. Send them back and wait for an open box price 😁😊 for an even better option.

https://westlakepro.com/product/atc-scm25a-pro/
I looked at that ad, looks like it's for a single speaker, if so that's around $8k a pair:)

I looked at that ad, looks like it's for a single speaker, if so that's around $8k a pair:)

Actually $9,995 a pair at list price. :)

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SCM25A--atc-scm25a-pro-7-inch-3-way-powered-studio-monitors

Agree 100%...they don't need any endorsements at this point.

Speaking of ATC endorsements, the best known one is by Michael Bishop.
Former Chief Recording Engineer at Telarc and now a co-owner of 5/4 Productions.

Bishop has used ATC monitors for decades.
Check the album booklet of any Telarc SACD you own that was recorded and/or mastered by Michael Bishop and you will see one of the ATC pro models mentioned.

https://positive-feedback.com/show-reports/report-axpona-2016/

Last edited:
I guess it just shows how good Elliot is. I've noticed over the years that in almost every profession, the guys at the top, the best, don't have the latest and greatest equipment.

When I hire an electrician I look for the old guy holding one rusty old screwdriver, not a container ship sized truck full of dodads.

I guess it just shows how good Elliot is. I've noticed over the years that in almost every profession, the guys at the top, the best, don't have the latest and greatest equipment.

When I hire an electrician I look for the old guy holding one rusty old screwdriver, not a container ship sized truck full of dodads.

Elliot IS a supreme PRO with Golden Ears ... no questions asked!

See the source image

Regarding electricians: I had a real old timer who used to stick his thumb in the socket to see if it was Live ........ he actually had a black thumb!

Last edited:

Son of a..... Who buys just one speaker ? Deceptive advertising...... Ha........Hey ah WLP you only sent me one ? Yessir that's right just another 4k for the other one, read the finesse printing......

Son of a..... Who buys just one speaker ? Deceptive advertising...... Ha........Hey ah WLP you only sent me one ? Yessir that's right just another 4k for the other one, read the finesse printing......

Someone who only needs a center channel [my guess].

The AR SURROUND GO FUND ME PAGE for my new 7.1 audio system will be up soon ;););) Please support my purchase of:

Three pairs of ATC SCM50 active loudspeakers: $46,500
And then something for the center channel: $8000
Four ATC SCM1 subwoofers (One for each corner): $32,000
exasound e38 MK II DAC with the Teddy Pardo: $4000
A few dozen yards of fancy cables: circa: $4000 (?)
Upgrade to home electrical system: $5000 (?)
Custom installed room treatments: $6000 (?)
Other surprises: $3500 (?)

Total: $105,000

Thank you for your generous support of the AR Surround fund. 😘

(For anyone who may be naive, the above is a JOKE and not to be taken seriously. Any resemblance of the emojis to actual persons living or dead dead is purely coincidental.)

The AR SURROUND GO FUND ME PAGE for my new 7.1 audio system will be up soon ;););) Please support my purchase of:

(For anyone who may be naive, the above is a JOKE and not to be taken seriously. Any resemblance of the emojis to actual persons living or dead dead is purely coincidental.)
If you’re dreaming about your lottery winner system you may as well go Dolby Atmos!

You would probably want a better DAC than that Exasound.. Try linking up three of these. At $45K each, were only talking another $130K or so... and you might need that streamer too, for another $13K.

Great starter system there AR😗

Back