ELP - Live album: "Welcome Back My Friends..." 24 track master

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any ELO that's not live that's available in some multi-channel format? I don't think I've seen any.

ELO or ELP?

ELO's debut album was issued in quad. The quad mix is available on DVD.

Four ELP albums were mixed into 5.1: ELP, Tarkus, Trilogy and Brain Salad Surgery. (Two different 5.1 mixes of Brain Salad were released.)

I have seen Carl's show a couple of times and it's great. He is still playing incredibly well. And his band is excellent. And, like you, I had the pleasure of meeting him!

View attachment 58208
Carl looks like a nice dude (y)
You two look like you could be brothers (which one is Pink?); and you donā€™t look anything like your avatar pu ;)

Its worth the price of the disc just to see the promo video for the "10538 Overture".... a young Jeff Lynne wearing an eyepatch and a captains hat while the rest of the band is wearing costumes and facemasks. The cello player in the pig mask is a fave. .... priceless. (y) :ROFLMAO:

ELO or ELP?

Four ELP albums were mixed into 5.1: ELP, Tarkus, Trilogy and Brain Salad Surgery. (Two different 5.1 mixes of Brain Salad were released.)

Oops. ELP. I guess autocorrect changed it since I've typed ELO before but not ELP. šŸ™„

I love Brain Salad Surgery!

I attended 4 of the BSS quad shows. Incredible sound at the time. There was a press release around 2002 or 2003 by warner music group that WBMFTTSTNE was going to be released on DVD-Audio. I called them and the person I spoke to would not confirm it was true. The ELP archivist, the late Tony Ortiz, said the multitracks were lost. I contacted the company that recorded the live show (the name I can't recall at the moment) and the guy said they no longer have the tapes. I remember calling the company that released the triple LP set when it first came out (I got the import before it was released in the US) and complaining about the sound quality and that the king biscuit broadcast sounded better. The guy I spoke to told me to shove the album up my ass. I told him the most I could fit was a double LP.
Bottom line, there's never going to be a WBMF multi-channel release.

I attended 4 of the BSS quad shows. Incredible sound at the time. There was a press release around 2002 or 2003 by warner music group that WBMFTTSTNE was going to be released on DVD-Audio. I called them and the person I spoke to would not confirm it was true. The ELP archivist, the late Tony Ortiz, said the multitracks were lost. I contacted the company that recorded the live show (the name I can't recall at the moment) and the guy said they no longer have the tapes. I remember calling the company that released the triple LP set when it first came out (I got the import before it was released in the US) and complaining about the sound quality and that the king biscuit broadcast sounded better. The guy I spoke to told me to shove the album up my ass. I told him the most I could fit was a double LP.
Bottom line, there's never going to be a WBMF multi-channel release.

that's a drag!

I wonder if ELP masters fell victim to the big Universal Studios fire, a few years ago

Back