ELP Welcolme Back My Friends To The Show That Never Ends, Quad.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is 'Q4'? There was never a quad LP or reel-to-reel release of this, AFAIK.

Also quality is subjective, and some of these are stereo mixes, some are surround mixes.

( I have been told that there were probably two quad mixes done originally soon after the Anaheim gig, one for KBFH (their quad master was encoded to SQ, send to stations, then broadcast), and another for quad LP album. As we know the quad LP was never released though, and the mix only appeared as a Q8, i.e., 8-track cassette. I have also been told that the WBMF LP stereo mix [and therefore any CD of it] is actually a fold-down of the intended album quad mix. I have also been told the the stereo mixes available from KBFH Wolfgang's were made separately, starting from multitracks -- and that they may be two separate mixes , i.e., one made long ago for KBFH, and another made more recently by engineers for streaming on Wolfgang's.

As you can see, the story appears to be complicated. However, if it's true, that means the multitrack recording masters still exist somwhere, perhaps in the hands of Wolfgang's Vault. A set of quad master tapes may exist too.)

Isn't there 2 eight track versions out there one a eight track quad and another with just 4 tracks(stereo).

Does anybody else here have the 5.1 DVD-Audio of WBMF - the version I have blows anything else out of the water I have had before (DTS 5.1) IT IS COMPLETE. Graphics are awesome and match the songs performed.

It was made and mastered by one of our own. Who is now amongst the missing. Glad to help you out - pm me any anyone who want to be blown away,

I have pmed all who requested links to get the DVD-a - if I missed anyone let me know esp if my poor attempt at Email fails

GODDAMN RULES I CAN ONLY PM 2 people at a time (I tried to send it to 14) and post only 2 messages every 2 minutes!!!!! WTF!!! Sorry bob Is it cool to post the links here- I don't want to break any stupid rules.

RATS so this will take a whilre to get to everyone Patience pleae have dogs in surgery today and this whole process has taken me 12 hours SO FAR!!!

Hey buddy take care of your dogs first and yourself. Everyone else can wait and listen to Tales a few more times......

Ehhh Folkes Sorry apparently the elp iso screws up on the 10th track at 6:59 and pukes.
I am uploading a new elp file and will mail everyone (crap) the new link - I tested this iso and putative -speaking it works. I am going to test the Kraftwerk iso now, pls standby.

Ehhh Folkes Sorry apparently the elp iso screws up on the 10th track at 6:59 and pukes.
I am uploading a new elp file and will mail everyone (crap) the new link - I tested this iso and putative -speaking it works. I am going to test the Kraftwerk iso now, pls standby. Will upload tonight. Must go to Wound Center now. Sorry pls be patient. i am trying.
Rik

I am uploading a new elp file and will mail everyone (crap) the new link - I tested this iso and putative -speaking it works. I am going to test the Kraftwerk iso now, pls standby. Will upload tonight. Must go to Wound Center now. Sorry pls be patient. i am trying.
Rik

Plenty patient here- appreciate the effort.

I was able to unzip disc 2 (the 2nd link), but opening tracks in foobar resulted in white noise. The ELP and Kraftwerk would not unzip: I got an unspecified error for both KW and ELP sections. Patiently awaiting any further updates/ instructions/ whatever. Very excited that the whole KW catalog in surround is included!

I was able to unzip disc 2 (the 2nd link), but opening tracks in foobar resulted in white noise.
That is because they are encoded in DTS. You'll need a decoder (hardware or software) to play them back correctly. There may be a Foobar component for that. If not, VLC will do the trick.

That is because they are encoded in DTS. You'll need a decoder (hardware or software) to play them back correctly. There may be a Foobar component for that. If not, VLC will do the trick.

Thanks for the info. I thought foobar came w/ a DTS decoder- showing my ignorance and lack of experience.

So- if I just burn those files to a cd or dvd, they will play as is? What about a menu?

Back