Elton John coming in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Romano

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
According to the ICE Magazine board, the first 14 Elton John albums from Empty Sky through Blue Moves, as well as Made In England, are being remixed for 5.1 by Greg Penny, who also did Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. No other solid details were given. This is great news. Let's hope it really comes to pass.

Holy crap! That would be awesome. Guess I will have to buy all those albums AGAIN!!! Can't keep track of how many times I have bought 'em since they first came out!

If you go to the ICE chat room (web board), under "CONFERENCES" click on New Releases to open up a list of recent threads. There you will find the thread on the Elton John 5.1 comments. There really is no link

you can try:

http://www.icemagazine.com:

JonUrban said:
Holy crap! That would be awesome. Guess I will have to buy all those albums AGAIN!!! Can't keep track of how many times I have bought 'em since they first came out!

Let's see how GYBR turns out first before we go buying the entire collection. Lame Surround Mix = You Can Keep Em!

The latest issue of ICE (#200 hurray!) adds creedence to the surround mixing of Elton's back catalog story. It even mentions that his soundtrack to the Friends film was being tackled for a surround mix.

These tracks from the film (Friends, Honey Roll, Can I Put You On, etc) only appeared on stereo CD as part of Rare Masters about 10 years ago.

timbre4 said:
The latest issue of ICE (#200 hurray!) adds creedence to the surround mixing of Elton's back catalog story. It even mentions that his soundtrack to the Friends film was being tackled for a surround mix.

These tracks from the film (Friends, Honey Roll, Can I Put You On, etc) only appeared on stereo CD as part of Rare Masters about 10 years ago.

This is great news! More major artists supporting multichannel means more respectability and $$ put towards the idea. Hopefully this means more of the big guys will step up and give us surround releases (I'm looking at YOU, Apple Records!!) :D

Apple or Capitol/EMI indeed!

They need to do something special soon as their stereo CD Beatles catalog is ancient and deficient to their legacy. The Beatles 1 CD and Yellow Submarine DVD prove this.

It's downright embarrasing when the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, The Who and other artists are getting the royal treatment to some degree.

I suspect the Let It Be - Naked will be the first foray into DVD-A waters, much the same as Led Zeppelin's How The West Was Won. Work backwards into the catalog.

timbre4 said:
I suspect the Let It Be - Naked will be the first foray into DVD-A waters, much the same as Led Zeppelin's How The West Was Won. Work backwards into the catalog.

That sounds pretty logical. Has anyone heard any rumblings of DVD-A/SACD for LIBNaked?

Back