Elton John in Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lot of the surround mixes on the Sony label available in Atmos on Apple Music are only available on Tidal encoded in Sony's useless 360 format which sucks.
Dump Tidal and their MQA supporting butt's.

Personally I'd love to hear my all-time fav, Elton John - Tumbleweed Connection remastered to a Atmos immersive mix. That would be a real winner !!!

Last edited:
Is Diamonds Atmos mix in Apple Music? I cannot find it, only the stereo copy Deluxe version. It is not in Atmos. It was supposed to be released March 25, and it appears others are listening to it. Any thoughts?

Is Diamonds Atmos mix in Apple Music? I cannot find it, only the stereo copy Deluxe version. It is not in Atmos. It was supposed to be released March 25, and it appears others are listening to it. Any thoughts?

try this one?

https://music.apple.com/us/album/diamonds-deluxe/1422632224
it says it is Lossless but that is because 3 tracks are not in Atmos (Victim Of Love, Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me with George Michael and That's What Friends Are For) the other 48 tracks are all in Atmos

now we're all "Captain Hindsight And The Dolby Atmos Cowboy", i thought it might be worth reposting this interview with Greg Penny, which i posted up at QQ a couple of years ago;

there was some juicy info contained within including;

1.) at that point Greg Penny had already mixed over 200 songs in Atmos, so you can only imagine how many more he has mixed in the years since (!)

2.) Elton himself asked Greg Penny to mix the entire Elton John back catalogue in Atmos,

3.) Greg Penny had already mixed the Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and Madman Across The Water albums in Atmos, plus all the Hits from the "Diamonds" compilation and was working on Captain Fantastic in Atmos at the time of the interview.

Is track 11 on volume 2 missing on Apple like it is on Tidal?

edit...actually the tracks are numbered differently than the non-atmos version.

So there are actually 46 total songs on the deluxe version of Diamonds in Atmos?

Last edited:
Is track 11 on volume 2 missing on Apple like it is on Tidal?

edit...actually the tracks are numbered differently than the non-atmos version.

So there are actually 46 total songs on the deluxe version of Diamonds in Atmos?

51 on Apple Music, with 48 in Atmos.

track 11 on Disc 2 is "I Want Love" which is in Atmos.

51 on Apple Music, with 48 in Atmos.

track 11 on Disc 2 is "I Want Love" which is in Atmos.

Track 11 on volume 2 is missing on tidal, but it is numbered differently. There are "only" 46 in Atmos on tidal. I think the last 2 songs on volume 2 is missing.

These mixes are so good! I have only listened to all the songs that didn't make it to the SACDs, but without direct comparisons, I think these mixes are better. Both are very good.

3.) Greg Penny had already mixed the Goodbye Yellow Brick Road and Madman Across The Water albums in Atmos, plus all the Hits from the "Diamonds" compilation and was working on Captain Fantastic in Atmos at the time of the interview.
I wonder why, if these albums were mixed in Atmos long ago, they haven’t been released yet??

I wonder why, if these albums were mixed in Atmos long ago, they haven’t been released yet??

I guess it’s because they’re planning a 12 disc Atmos 7.1.4 Atmos box set on blu-ray:

7 studio albums, 1 compilation and 4 live albums/concerts. The Elton brick to be sold for $300.

Back