Elton John "Madman Across The Water" 50th Anniversary Box Set (3 CDs & 5.1 Blu-Ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that. I actually had it on order with Bull Moose where I got it for $40 because I had enough loyalty points. But I think I'll cancel the Moose order and save the points for a later date.
A bit off-topic, but I recommend the add-on (on Chrome) called Keepa, for Amazon price history, once installed it gets embedded on the item page, for instance:

1653578181447.png

(crosspost) down to $54.99 at Amazon, so a pretty great price if anyone is interested.
https://www.amazon.com/Madman-Acros...prefix=madman+across+the+water,aps,124&sr=8-2

Oh, what the heck: pre~ordered ...... even though I just purchased an SACD 5.1 back~up copy from ImportCD for $8 ....... SUPPORT THE CAUSE and UMG/Elton will continue their anniversary release program until our overstuffed shelves contain ALL of Mr. John's Johnny Be Goods!

R.a20d1b4c256503e7bf3e46db2a41ec76

Why, Thank you Ralphie! 🧸

I'm confused about this content. What exactly does it mean, and does it translate to something that's never been released in 5.1?

Blu-ray Disc Audio Content:
Greg Penny 5.1 mix of Madman Across The Water (Original Version, featuring Mick Ronson)

Greg Penny 5.1 mix of Madman Across The Water

I'm confused about this content. What exactly does it mean, and does it translate to something that's never been released in 5.1?

Greg Penny 5.1 mix of Madman Across The Water (Original Version, featuring Mick Ronson)

i don't think it's anything new/unique, the original recording with Mick Ronson was a bonus in 5.1 on the SACD of Tumbleweed Connection

I think that's referring to the title track, and its alternate version. I'm not sure about 5.1, but I know the stereo mix of the alternate version was released as a bonus track on Tumbleweed.

In the unboxing video, at around 7:20, there is a "Hi-Res Stereo" listed on the bluray disc. (It's less blurry, at least for me, if you look at the video on the youtube site directly)
My perception is that applies to the video material only.
There is no track listing for 2.0 audio versions, only 5.1.
I guess we'll find out for sure Friday.

My perception is that applies to the video material only.
There is no track listing for 2.0 audio versions, only 5.1.
I guess we'll find out for sure Friday.

That was my interpretation too.
Either way, despite being a huge Elton fan, I cancelled my Amazon Canada pre-order.
Have way too many sets like this that never get played

Back