Elton John Royal Opera House in 5.1 (the Dream Ticket box)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, great setlist. Wonder why they cut it in half for the DVD.
Looks as though it was broadcast on the BBC so it's entirely likely it was cut down to an hour or so for the schedule and that's what's ended up in the box.

Not entirely unrelated but one of the weird quirks with BBC content - at least now - is that it is broadcast in 5.1 but their own streaming/catch up platform, iplayer, is incapable of managing anything but stereo. Grrrrr etc etc.

Thanks to all who posted; I had never heard of this. Went hunting and got a "good" used copy on Amazon under $7 shipped! Seems like a wealth of riches. I have some EJ BDs, but have never seen him solo- really looking forward to that. Thanks again for the good guidance!

Thanks to everyone who reminded me about this. I’ve had had it for years but don’t think I’ve watched it all the way the through. Until now. Great performance, great sound, great mix. Picture quality pretty good for a DVD.

Question for @fredblue - is that you who yelled “we love you Elton!” To which he replies “thank you Mom”. 😂

Thanks to everyone who reminded me about this. I’ve had had it for years but don’t think I’ve watched it all the way the through. Until now. Great performance, great sound, great mix. Picture quality pretty good for a DVD.

Question for @fredblue - is that you who yelled “we love you Elton!” To which he replies “thank you Mom”. 😂

hahaha!! 😂🥳 i was on my best behaviour that night, i promise! 😋 when he played The Royal Opera House again years later with Ray Cooper i admit i did go totally nuts when he did tracks like Crazy Water & Better Off Dead i may have hollared something along those lines! 😂😅🙊💘

Late to the paaarrrtttyyyy...

But boy is it worth being late for...

DVD's ...yep

Dolby 5.1 Audio....yep

It is one of the best live shows I've seen of Elton.

I'm a sucker for listening to bands playing with a complete orchestra and choir.

This is without doubt, one of the very best shows , I've had the privilege to listen to ....and watch.:SG

Last edited:
Back