Elton John

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The high quality SHM-CD (Super High Material CD) format features enhanced audio quality through the use of a special polycarbonate plastic. Using a process ...SHM-CDs feature improved transparency on the data side of the disc, allowing for more accurate reading of CD data by the CD player laser head.
https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/feature/shmcd_allabout
Thanks Sal, for posting that.
This box set is a good example of cost vs reward.
I love SHM CD's, if I could afford it I would buy all my music in SHM CD when there is only a choice of RBCD or SHM CD like this box set. I have listened to many SHM CD's and I like them all.
When I purchase a SHM CD 16/44.1 I am also getting the meticulous Japanese packaging, mini LP, etc.
They have a more rounded tone, smoother for lack of a better word.
But, as I started cost vs reward. This box RBCD $84.00 too expensive, this box SHM CD $160.00 forget it, not even an option.
The collector in me, I like box sets, is immediately tempted to purchase of course, but I am sure that HDTracks will have a version of this in some 24 bit / ? that I will get a taste of it. I have the Diamonds box set, which is highly enjoyable.
And as others have said this year is starting to be very expensive.

From Elton's Facebook page:

Regimental Sgt. Zippo, the Elton John debut album that never was, is available for the first time on Record Store Day, June 12.

Recorded at Dick James Studios in Central London between late 1967 and Spring 1968, Regimental Sgt. Zippo was all set to introduce Elton John to the world before it was ultimately shelved. The world would have to wait a little longer for Elton’s debut, coming in the form of 1969's Empty Sky, and Zippo would be lost in the archives. Until now.

Six of the 12 songs were featured on last year’s Jewel Box, but the remaining tracks are here in their finished versions for the first time ever.

170245495_289753049180446_8046835356931422613_n.jpg

Back