Elton John

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Available in SHM CD format from CDJapan for £125,24

Jewel Box [SHM-CD] [Limited Release] Elton John CD Album

Jewel Box [SHM-CD]

17000yen

(18700yen Tax incl. in Japan)

GBP £125.24

Plus delivery

Plus import tax and a charge for collecting the tax into the UK!

Amazon Japan only seem to be selling the CD version

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B08F6Y5425?tag=sdejp-22&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

Would really like the SHM CD version -- although after buying Diamonds Boxset in SHM CD format I felt really disillusioned.

I bought this on 45 years ago because I liked the song. My understanding was Elton was embarrassed about it and didn't want it republished on any anthologies
Obviously no longer true now.

I am not a huge Elton fan but this collection tempts me. Just spending too much money on all the new surround releases coming out.

I bought this on 45 years ago because I liked the song. My understanding was Elton was embarrassed about it and didn't want it republished on any anthologies
Obviously no longer true now.

I am not a huge Elton fan but this collection tempts me. Just spending too much money on all the new surround releases coming out.

that was my understanding also that EJ & BT had disowned it and didn't want it reissued, yet, the notorious "Flip It Over" boot aside which was only a needledrop anyway, the track still somehow slipped out officially on a couple of CDs over the years, including (quite incongruously!) on a Reader's Digest Christmas compilation and as part of Kiki Dee's Rocket Years bookset collection that came out the other year.

Hmm...I wonder how many bootlegs this will render obsolete...

several..! this should be a great set! while i'm sure a number of the Dick James
demos will still sound as ragged as the boots (there's bound to be source limitations, to be fair) i've longed for proper CD iterations of some of those 80's B-sides for decades.. fingers crossed for a good outcome!

Jewel Box [SHM-CD]

17000yen

GBP £125.24

Plus delivery

Would really like the SHM CD version -- although after buying Diamonds Boxset in SHM CD format I felt really disillusioned.

Welcome to the forum...great to see you posting :dance

Jewel Box [SHM-CD]

17000yen

GBP £125.24

Plus delivery

Aren't SHM-CD-s just stereo? No surround sound?

several..! this should be a great set! while i'm sure a number of the Dick James
demos will still sound as ragged as the boots (there's bound to be source limitations, to be fair) i've longed for proper CD iterations of some of those 80's B-sides for decades.. fingers crossed for a good outcome!

You're thinking of the same material I am! I guess never getting around to digitizing my vinyl of may wind up being a good thing. :)

Off-topic, but since Cher has already been mentioned in relation to a unique British superstar:

You're thinking of the same material I am! I guess never getting around to digitizing my vinyl of may wind up being a good thing. :)

Off-topic, but since Cher has already been mentioned in relation to a unique British superstar:

i wouldn't fret over it, all that stuff was transcribed from vinyl many years ago, multiple times :)

its (a little bit) funny, 20 years ago i'd have lost the plot over this set.. now i'm just relieved some of it has been released officially on CD in my lifetime 👍

Aren't SHM-CD-s just stereo? No surround sound?
The high quality SHM-CD (Super High Material CD) format features enhanced audio quality through the use of a special polycarbonate plastic. Using a process ...SHM-CDs feature improved transparency on the data side of the disc, allowing for more accurate reading of CD data by the CD player laser head.
https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/feature/shmcd_allabout

Back