Elvis' Picture, Cover of "Aloha From Hawaii"

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug G.

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
To me, it's obvious the picture of Elvis showing though the die cut hole in the cover of the album, from the inner sleeve, is not from this concert. Elvis is definitely heavier, almost fat, and has a different suit on, although I realize it is not beyond the realm of possibilities he could have changed the suit during the concert. I have watched the full concert. however, and he didn't.

It appears to be from a later date. Does anybody know the origin of this photo and why the heck he/they decided to use that one instead of a contemporary one? It detracts from the cover, as far as I'm concerned. He actually looks pretty trim at the concert.

Doug

Unless re-issues have replaced the original photo.... it's either a photo taken during the concert or after the concert during the filming of the insert sections for the broadcast.
Remember, the concert was on January 13 and 14, 1973 with the album mixed and released barely a month later. So, it's not like the album was sitting around for very long before release.

Both my copies are early CD-4 issues, the originals. Every CD-4 copy I've seen has this picture. It can't be from that time period. The difference in his weight is too great.

Doug

Back