Elvis - Aloha From Hawaii

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got a sealed LP set for $29.95 last year.

Boxed my used set up to try and sell, listed it several times and had no bites. You interested??? šŸ¤Ŗ

I got a sealed LP set for $29.95 last year.

Boxed my used set up to try and sell, listed it several times and had no bites. You interested??? šŸ¤Ŗ
Always wondered why Elvis doesnā€™t get more Quad attention here on the QQ; do the Quad mixes just suck, or is it just because itā€™s Elvis? Honestly I donā€™t know šŸ„¶

Always wondered why Elvis doesnā€™t get more Quad attention here on the QQ; do the Quad mixes just suck, or is it just because itā€™s Elvis? Honestly I donā€™t know šŸ„¶
For the most part, the mixes are quite good, they're just not overly adventurous. The mix on "From Elvis in Memphis" is a bit wonky, due to the lack of tracks and various overdubs, probably the biggest disappointment for me is the song "Promised Land" from the album of the same name. It's got this weird, vocal delay effect going on that just ruins the song and makes it sound nothing like the stereo version. And it's the only song on that album to do this. I keep hoping one day the multitrack will leak and I'll get my opportunity to make my own mix. The "Today" albums mix is fantastic. The song "T-R-O-U-B-L-E" has an amazing mix.

1686316334005.png

Out 8/11, no detail on sound format yet

A little bit more info:
Archival producer Ernst Mikael JĆørgensen and Memphis-based recording engineer Matt Ross-Spang have fully remixed the album from the original 16-track live recordingsā€”first captured on tape by esteemed mobile engineer Wally Heider and newly digitized for this release with audiophile 24-bit, 192 KHz transfersā€“to bring fans a fresh listen to what, for many, is the most treasured performance of Elvisā€™ latter-day years on the road. ā€œTo me,ā€ JĆørgensen said, ā€œthat is the biggest thing: [this album] never sounded this good and Elvis never sounded this good.ā€
https://www.legacyrecordings.com/20...e-50th-anniversary-edition-out-august-11-2023

Whatā€™s interesting is that in the booklet thereā€™s a photo of the Q8. So, maybe weā€™ll get lucky here and the Quad might be a bonus option on the BR. Hereā€™s a closeup:
1686380487776.jpeg

EDIT: Then again, maybe no surround. Some websites refer to there being 24/196 Audio on the BR. But, so far, no mention of any Quad or surround.

Man if Sony starts throwing up more old RCA Quads, I mean there were a shit load of ā€˜em; and thatā€™s the same territory DV has been mining IINM!
With those RCAs being CD-4 (with all the baggage that brings with it) the idea of a playable Elvis quad is enticing. Not trying to suck the source material from DV, but they wonā€™t be able to make much of a dent, just because of their limited size.

I'm sure we all kind of knew that would happen eventually. D-V made a successful business out of it, somebody at Sony probably caught wind of it, so now they want their piece of the pie. But, knowing Sony's track record for this kind of stuff, they'll cock it up righteously.

Back