Elvis - Aloha From Hawaii

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What’s interesting is that in the booklet there’s a photo of the Q8. So, maybe we’ll get lucky here and the Quad might be a bonus option on the BR. Here’s a closeup:
View attachment 92562

EDIT: Then again, maybe no surround. Some websites refer to there being 24/196 Audio on the BR. But, so far, no mention of any Quad or surround.
Sporting the cover of the old QUAD RtR with a blu ray disc beneath it all bets are on there will be some form of Surround ...whether 4.0, 5.1 or ATMOS as it was recorded on 16 tracks! Or, ALL 3 codecs + Stereo!

FINALLY, the KING gets his due!

Last edited:
Still no definite audio track description (click to enlarge):
1690477448274.png

My copy arrived last night from Amazon, will open it up later today if I have a chance.

The jpc.de price sure looks good.
Assuming I don’t get slapped with duties, it’s almost $18CDN cheaper than what I paid.

Listened/watched today.

The BD is two full video concerts, the rehearsal and the live show. The "extras' are videos of Elvis standing and signing.

The LPCM 5.1 mix is very weak with only some ambiance and audience noise in the rears. (I did not listen to the Dolby audio, but assume it is the same).

Regardless of the lack of active rears, the mix in general could be much better. Elvis' voice is superb - clear, strong and mesmerizing But most of the other vocals and instruments are buried.

To me, this is a missed opportunity to let those 16 tracks come to life, since they don't at all.

Listened/watched today.

The BD is two full video concerts, the rehearsal and the live show. The "extras' are videos of Elvis standing and signing.

The LPCM 5.1 mix is very weak with only some ambiance and audience noise in the rears. (I did not listen to the Dolby audio, but assume it is the same).

Regardless of the lack of active rears, the mix in general could be much better. Elvis' voice is superb - clear, strong and mesmerizing But most of the other vocals and instruments are buried.

To me, this is a missed opportunity to let those 16 tracks come to life, since they don't at all.
I'm hearing background singers and brass in the rears, albeit not as loud as they are in the Quad mix. I agree with you about Elvis's vocals. The other instruments seem to be coming through, though. I was listening with the volume WAY up.

Listened/watched today.

It's upsetting to say the least. Here, we're FINALLY getting a big-name in Surround sound and the mix shits the bed. Makes you wonder why they even went through the trouble of a remix? Just give us the vintage Quad mix and be done with it. 4.0/5.1 is meant to be engaging not simply ambience. God, why can't these pricks get that through their thick heads?

It's upsetting to say the least. Here, we're FINALLY getting a big-name in Surround sound and the mix shits the bed. Makes you wonder why they even went through the trouble of a remix? Just give us the vintage Quad mix and be done with it. 4.0/5.1 is meant to be engaging not simply ambience. God, why can't these pricks get that through their thick heads?
Well, I recently sprung for an expensive, Japanese, QS of the Ventures Live. In the rears? Crowd noise and some ambience. That's it. It's a certain philosophy of mixing. I don't care for it but I guess some must.

Back