HiRez Poll Eno, Brian - FOREVERANDEVERNOMORE [Blu-Ray Audio (Dolby Atmos)]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Blu-Ray of Brian Eno - FOREVERANDEVERNOMORE

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Content, Surround Mix, and Fidelity

• Total voters

sjcorne

Staff member
Please post your thoughts and comments on this new release from Brian Eno entitled "FOREVERANDEVERNOMORE".
The High Fidelity Pure Audio Blu-Ray edition contains a Dolby Atmos mix created by Eno himself, and was available exclusively from the Superdeluxeedition.com webstore.
The Dolby Atmos mix is also available to stream on all Dolby Atmos streaming providers:
https://music.apple.com/us/album/foreverandevernomore/1635589174
(y) :) (n)

eno_whitebg_shadow_sticker.jpeg
spread.jpeg

"I'm not a spectator looking at something in front of me, I'm a visitor in the middle of something." - Brian Eno in the atmos artist spotlight video.

Eno went into this mix with no preconceptions of how a surround mix 'should' be done and simply let the music decide where every instrument needed to be placed. Most of the album features vocals mixed only to the rears, for example. It's a different mix for sure, might be too much for some, but I think it sounds quite fresh and unique in a good way. Very good release, even if Eno isn't the best singer around (much more vocals than usual. I think 8 out of the 10 tracks.) This forum will love it, though I can already hear the naysayers complaining "Vocals are supposed to come from in front of you, like a singer on stage..."

Presentation is very nice. This is my first SDE purchase and the whole thing looks and feels great. Thick paper for the slipcover and embossed art on the cover of the booklet. Only thing is the edges of the slipcover look rather roughly cut with burrs sticking out, though they are easily rubbed smooth with a few passes of a fingernail. Overall worth the asking price of ~$22 usd (+$8 for s/h)

Don't know how I feel about the limited releases. These albums may not have been released physically otherwise, but I only just learned about SDE and would have liked to pick up Tears for Fears and xPropaganda but eBay prices are already absurd because of the limited nature. Maybe they can do reissues in the future.

Awesome surround mix in my opinion.

This will get repeated plays .

I only hope Brian Eno will go back to remix the many other albums he has for surround.....oh like his 70's albums , "Taking Tiger Mountain" and "Here Come The Warm Jets" for example.

A well deserved 9 , I think.

I only hope Brian Eno will go back to remix the many other albums he has for surround.....oh like his 70's albums , "Taking Tiger Mountain" and "Here Come The Warm Jets" for example.
Not in his character to re-visit old work, prefers to move forward.
Recently listened to an archived interview where he complained of always being congratulated for something he did 25 years before.

Not in his character to re-visit old work, prefers to move forward.
Recently listened to an archived interview where he complained of always being congratulated for something he did 25 years before.

Oh well, that's too bad.

Still plenty of time to change his opinion though....base that on this album's sales .

I voted 8.
I listened to the hard disc and was not wowed by the Atmos mix or the music. I am trying to support Paul with his SDE series, but just not happening for me yet.
I ripped the Atmos, 5.1 and stereo, I will probably like the 5.1 better in the car than the Atmos on the home rig.
I have been buying Atmos music now pretty steadily for about 3 years now, and as my collection grows the wow factor in Atmos becomes less because of some of the very good Atmos releases.
In fairness to the artist, electronica music, that's what I call it, has it's place and many people love it, but definitely something I would not have a drink and party with.

Can’t vote yet, I guess, since I’ve only played the streaming version so I presume it’s not really allowed? but I really enjoy this. I’ll probably buy it soon to support the format and what SDE is doing but streaming does seem to be the future, doesn’t it.

I was sucked in to the Atmos mix on Apple (and the fact that it was Eno), and then got the disc! Wow, what a wonderful gift from Brian Eno. It's folks like him that keep pushing the envelope, and we are recipients of great, progressive ambiance (if that's a thing). I love a concept piece, in this case a concept to use Atmos in the actual making of the music.

Funny anecdote: one of my sons was over the other night and I put this on (in Atmos, with him in the MLP) and it blew him away. He said (paraphrasing) "most futuristic music sounds stupid after awhile, but this sounds like great music from the future."

A 10

I will give it another listen but generally nothing very memorable just spacy music, but will give it another listen before voting.

Don't know how I feel about the limited releases. These albums may not have been released physically otherwise, but I only just learned about SDE and would have liked to pick up Tears for Fears and xPropaganda but eBay prices are already absurd because of the limited nature. Maybe they can do reissues in the future.

Yeah I only learned that SDE was releasing their own blu-rays recently, having missed Tears for Fears and Eno. I got Eno for about $45 on ebay and TFF for about $75 on discogs. TFF is a second printing so they may well do another printing in the future since they are a bigger act.

About this album though, guess it's just not my cup of tea because I just couldn't get into and ended up stopping after I almost fell asleep listening to the first couple tracks.

There is a certain "Darkness" that pervades the first few tracks ...until the birds and bells come in and the music reverts to a "Lighter" format.
I was surprised about the amount of vocoder that is on Enos' voice...some subtle, some not so subtle.
Overall, the album smothers you in viscous liquid...perfect end for a day from over doing things and just letting the music wash over you.
Play at twilight !
I voted 8

Last edited:
The perfect thing to put on, after Music For Airports, A superb sound design, which is perfectly delivered in the Atmos mix. A very good Eno album. Melancholic, experimental, beautiful. A 10.
I gave it a 10 as well. Rather perfect all round, really. And looking back, to my mind, probably the strongest work so far to come out of the very musically eclectic SDE limited edition surround releases.

Back