Eolian - 5.1 FLAC release

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

popshop

800 Club - QQ All-Star
Happy Friday QQ! I've just released 67 new 5.1 mixes, including 15 instrumental versions. Around the Sun (Instrumental), by Eolian
In 2019 I released a song each week. 52 songs over five albums. This year I mixed all of them in 5.1 (24/48 FLAC) and also mixed 15 instrumentally, including a 20-minute side.
All can be previewed via the bandcamp site, but if you want a basic genre: From the Light and Back to Blackened are electro-pop ish. Home is the most traditional folk/rock. Dust is the most simple, loud, and fast, and While We Wait is rock but with more layers. All of it includes a lot of ebow, backwards steel drum, harmonies, percussion, and guitars - in all speakers.
These mixes are meant to be you inside of the song. You will not need to turn up your rear-speakers!
All can be downloaded via google drive links. All at once is at the link posted. Individual albums are on the album pages. I may release it via another website, or via blu-ray, but for now this is the most efficient method.
I've got each album at $8, and all of it for $25. Both are pay more if you want. I want to make it affordable. If you have any questions, please comment or message me.
Today is bandcamp friday, so they give up their percentage to give musicians 100% (minus paypal). If the music is not your thing, please consider supporting another artist on bandcamp!
:LB

Attachments

• cover.jpg
    cover.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 225
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to convert 5.1 FLAC files (to WAV maybe?) so that I can burn them to a DVD-r to play on my system? Unfortunately, I don't have an Oppo or a set up where I can play 5.1 files from my computer, so burning the files to disc seems to be my only option.

Is anyone familiar with this CloudConvert program (link below)? Would it work for 5.1 files?

CloudConvert

As I've already expressed to Ian, I'm dying to hear these mixes!

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to convert 5.1 FLAC files (to WAV maybe?) so that I can burn them to a DVD-r to play on my system? Unfortunately, I don't have an Oppo or a set up where I can play 5.1 files from my computer, so burning the files to disc seems to be my only option.

Is anyone familiar with this CloudConvert program (link below)? Would it work for 5.1 files?

CloudConvert

I don't know CloudConvert, but it would probably be faster to just use Foobar or dBPowerAmp on your computer as there wouldn't any uploading/downloading of files.

CloudConvert

Audacity works well for surround & stereo converting between formats Open the FLAC and then in Tools, Export as WAV and runs on most OS. The issue is how to get it onto a DVD or BD in a format that is playable on most DVD/BD machines. Will your DVD/BD player accept a USB stick and play files from it? If it does then that would be the best way to play either the FLACs or the WAVs.

Audacity works well for surround & stereo converting between formats Open the FLAC and then in Tools, Export as WAV and runs on most OS. The issue is how to get it onto a DVD or BD in a format that is playable on most DVD/BD machines. Will your DVD/BD player accept a USB stick and play files from it? If it does then that would be the best way to play either the FLACs or the WAVs.

I've got Audacity, so that would work for me, but alas, both my BD and DVD players are older models with no USB options. So, 5.1 WAVs can't be burned to disc using ImgBurn or a similar program?

I've got Audacity, so that would work for me, but alas, both my BD and DVD players are older models with no USB options. So, 5.1 WAVs can't be burned to disc using ImgBurn or a similar program?

Correct, 5.1 WAVs and FLACs cannot be burned directly to disc. You could use AudioMuxer to convert the original 5.1 FLACs to 5.1 AC-3 (Dolby Digital), then burn those files to a blank DVD.

Thanks for all of the orders, friends! As baggy noted, the top link is a bit confusing because the "ALL 5.1 FLAC" link is on the page for the Instrumental album. It is also in the "merch" section.
It's an overwhelming amount of music! Feel free to comment with questions or opinions.
I really appreciate the support!

Thanks to you, Ian.

Already enjoying your ALL 5.1 FLAC mixes.

They remind me the aggressive discrete of some Quads from the 70’s. But your mixes are more in line with the 5.1 of nowadays, Very good amount of content in surrounds. Great!!

Out of curiosity, Do you plan to enter the Dolby Atmos mixing arena? Is it much more difficult (learning curve and tools cost) mixing in Dolby Atmos than in 5.1?

Glad to know about your connection to Sevilla.

Thanks! Indeed, there very few songs with center-channel vocals (mostly on the Home album). I almost always double the lead vocal, then double the harmonies - so a bunch of the songs have one voice each in the quads. Mains in fronts, harmonies in rears.
I'm mostly interested in Atmos because of the streaming capability by using Avid's digital streaming service. I don't understand why Dolby doesn't just allow streaming for 5.1 mixes using Dolby +. Thoughts?
In two days Nuendo will release v11, and they shared a video a couple weeks ago showing Atmos capabilities. I would need a new interface, and four speakers, but yes - I am pretty interested to mix with heights. Specifically for an Ian Cooke live album with the Colorado Symphony, but also some of these songs would be interesting with ebows or backwards steel in the heights.
While We Wait and Back to Blackened would be the most fun, I think.
Thanks for listening!

Listened first album ‘From the Light 5.1’

The vocal style reminds me the broken words style of John McCrea of the Cake band. I like it!

I like also the copying vocals to the surrounds in a chorus or echoes manner.

Listened the 5.1 with the Auromatic Upmixer, sometimes the surround vocals come from above, either the Top Surround Voice of God speaker or perhaps the Surround Highs image. Expecting what Ian will do with Dolby Atmos.

Overall, a particularly good use of the discrete surround.

Hello friends, I've altered the language on the bandcamp site to make it more clear. Unfortunately, bandcamp still doesn't support more than one master per album, thus they don't support Multichannel files. Because of this, I send an email with the links to download the 5.1 FLAC files. Apologies to those fortunate enough to live in Europe; I'm sleeping during your morning.
:LB
Thanks very much for the support, orders, opinions, and interest! Please continue to share your thoughts in this thread, positive or negative.

Back