Eric Clapton’s Crossroads Guitar Festival 2019 2-Blu Ray 11/20/20

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 Disc BD~V set also available at Deep Discount and is currently in stock

https://www.deepdiscount.com/eric-claptons-crossroads-guitar-festival-2019/603497847488
With 15% discount [promo code WREATH] only $13.59!

Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival 2019

Last edited:
I preordered a while back and should have it this Friday. I have almost all of the previous Crossroads concerts and love them all. The picture quality, sound quality and surround mixes are usually excellent, especially for a live show. This one has an awesome artist roster and I can’t wait. Especially looking forward to Marcus King.

I preordered a while back and should have it this Friday. I have almost all of the previous Crossroads concerts and love them all. The picture quality, sound quality and surround mixes are usually excellent, especially for a live show. This one has an awesome artist roster and I can’t wait. Especially looking forward to Marcus King.
I live in D/FW and went to the first night. I recorded [w/ a pretty good video on my phone] the entire Marcus King performance from near the soundboard; it was excellent! I had seen him a few times at small venues prior to that, so I knew what was coming! He definitely surprised a lot of people and stole the show that first night! I had posted the entire thing in 2 separate YouTube videos, hope you got to see those. Rhino Records sent me a cease and desist via YouTube, so they had to be taken down about a month after the show. They did get a lot of hits in that month though! I do still have the files. :)

I live in D/FW and went to the first night. I recorded [w/ a pretty good video on my phone] the entire Marcus King performance from near the soundboard; it was excellent! I had seen him a few times at small venues prior to that, so I knew what was coming! He definitely surprised a lot of people and stole the show that first night! I had posted the entire thing in 2 separate YouTube videos, hope you got to see those. Rhino Records sent me a cease and desist via YouTube, so they had to be taken down about a month after the show. They did get a lot of hits in that month though! I do still have the files. :)
I don’t think I got a chance to see your videos, but I bet my son has (he’s a huge fan). We got a chance to see him open for Tedeschi Trucks maybe 2 years ago. Fantastic, soulful guitarist and singer. Like a young Warren Haynes.

There is more:
1999: New York City - 1 DVD
2004: Dallas, Texas - 2 DVDs
2007, 2010: Bridgeview, Illinois - 1 DVD 2007 - 2010 - 2 Blu-rays
2013: New York, NY - 2 Blu-rays
2019: Dallas, Texas - Blu-ray
Love the NY MSG one, especially the Allman Brothers and the 2 Gregg/Warren/Derek acoustic numbers (including a fantastic cover of The Needle and the Damage Done).

Arrived today (along wDelicate Sound of Thunder). Gave a quick spin. Can confirm that it contains a 5.1 DTS HD MA stream. My early take is that the PQ is excellent. Audio fidelity is great and performances are outstanding! Just the guitar duel between Peter Frampton and Eric Clapton on “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” alone makes it worthwhile. The surround mix appears to have been done by Simon Climie - Clapton’s ususal producer of late. I need to listen under better circumstances but from what I did hear, it was not just reverb but the rears were not overly discreet. The rears are used mainly as reinforcement for vocals, keys, horns and percussion. Oh, and Bill Murray is the emcee - and he’s about what you’d expect.

Arrived today (along wDelicate Sound of Thunder). Gave a quick spin. Can confirm that it contains a 5.1 DTS HD MA stream. My early take is that the PQ is excellent. Audio fidelity is great and performances are outstanding! Just the guitar duel between Peter Frampton and Eric Clapton on “While My Guitar Gently Weeps” alone makes it worthwhile. The surround mix appears to have been done by Simon Climie - Clapton’s ususal producer of late. I need to listen under better circumstances but from what I did hear, it was not just reverb but the rears were not overly discreet. The rears are used mainly as reinforcement for vocals, keys, horns and percussion. Oh, and Bill Murray is the emcee - and he’s about what you’d expect.
I 100% agree with Elmer. I listened/watched both discs over two days. Absolutely stunning show, shot with great camera work, split screens, audience and backstage. Highly entertaining. I was a tiny bit hesitant on purchase as the lineup was mostly familiar, but I was reminded after watching, great muscians are great muscians and they don't disapoint.
In regards to the discrete nature of the surround, absolutely discrete, pedal steel rear right, guitar rear left to name a few, difeernt stuff always moving around, possibly the most discrete live concert I have seen inawhile, while not being overly discrete.
I purchased and listened to the HiRes version from HDTracks, stereo.
This is a great BD-V to put on the screen if freinds and family are over, oop's I guess not, stop the spread of Covid, and just watch this by yourself for now.
Concert videos can be very hit and miss for me, even when done well but this is a keeper.

I 100% agree with Elmer. I listened/watched both discs over two days. Absolutely stunning show, shot with great camera work, split screens, audience and backstage. Highly entertaining. I was a tiny bit hesitant on purchase as the lineup was mostly familiar, but I was reminded after watching, great muscians are great muscians and they don't disapoint.
In regards to the discrete nature of the surround, absolutely discrete, pedal steel rear right, guitar rear left to name a few, difeernt stuff always moving around, possibly the most discrete live concert I have seen inawhile, while not being overly discrete.
I purchased and listened to the HiRes version from HDTracks, stereo.
This is a great BD-V to put on the screen if freinds and family are over, oop's I guess not, stop the spread of Covid, and just watch this by yourself for now.
Concert videos can be very hit and miss for me, even when done well but this is a keeper.
Good to know, mine should be showing up soon. It’s interesting to note that Clapton goes through a faze every couple of years and states he’s done with live shows; but then pops up again. Just when he thought he was out...

Good to know, mine should be showing up soon. It’s interesting to note that Clapton goes through a faze every couple of years and states he’s done with live shows; but then pops up again. Just when he thought he was out...
Yes, J-Pup guranteed you'll love it, there are some new entertainers that are super good. I would say if I had to add one small dissapointment it would be Jeff Beck, he just really didn't seem into it. I noticed after his second song? he made a face like he wasn't happy with it. He has matured over the years, I saw him in Oakland once where he didn't like his guitar and threw it on stage while getting another.

Yes, J-Pup guranteed you'll love it, there are some new entertainers that are super good. I would say if I had to add one small dissapointment it would be Jeff Beck, he just really didn't seem into it. I noticed after his second song? he made a face like he wasn't happy with it. He has matured over the years, I saw him in Oakland once where he didn't like his guitar and threw it on stage while getting another.
I generally really dislike live shows at large venues due to crappy sound (attending them personally.). So these recordings are a blessing in that regard.

I saw Beck only once when he toured with SRV. It was here in Sac. at the Arco Arena and the sound was horrendous. And Beck was awful also IMO, just wammy barred everything with his early techno stuff. But that BD live at Ronnie Scott’s is stellar.

Glad to see some activity on this. 4 1/2 hours over 2 discs of guitar heaven in DTS DH MA 5.1 24/48 surround is a pretty good deal. Clapton always does a great job of curating these shows - introducing some impressive young guns along with familiar faces. The performances are uniformly excellent - yes, Beck kinda mails it in, but mediocre Beck is still pretty damn good for us mere mortals. Some cool fresh faces in Tom Misch, James Bay, Markus King, Gustavo Santaolalla, Pedro Martins, Lianne La Havas, Bradley Walker, and 2 old faces making their Crossroads debut - Bonnie Raitt & Peter Frampton.

Back