Music DVD Poll Eric Clapton: Crossroads Guitar Festival 2007

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-V of "Crossroads Guitar Festival 2007"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 2 - Poor Mix, Audio & Visuals

• 1 - Forget it

• Total voters

neil wilkes

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Please post your thoughts, comments & Observations on this double DVD featuring over 4 hours of material from the world's greatest guitar players including Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, Robert Cray, Sheryl Crow, B.B. King, John Mayer, Steve Winwood, and many more.

Tracklisting:

Disc One:

1. Introduction - Bill Murray
2. Uberesso - Sonny Landreth
3. Hell At Home - Sonny Landreth With Eric Clapton
4. Maharina - John Mclaughlin
5. Rosie - Doyle Bramhall Ii
6. Outside Woman Blues - Doyle Bramhall Ii
7. Little By Little - Susan Tedeschi With The Derek Trucks Band
8. Anyday - The Derek Trucks Band
9. Highway 61 Revisited - Johnny Winter With The Derek Trucks Band
10. Nobodysoul - Robert Randolph & The Family Band
11. Poor Johnny - The Robert Cray Band
12. Dirty Work At The Crossroads - Jimmie Vaughan With The Robert Cray Band
13. Sitting On Top Of The World - Hubert Sumlin With The Robert Cray Band & Jimmie Vaughan
14. Paying The Cost To Be The Boss - B.B. King With The Robert Cray Band With Jimmie Vaughan & Hubert Sumlin
15. Rock Me Baby - B.B. King With The Robert Cray Band With Jimmie Vaughan & Hubert Sumlin
16. Sweet Thing - Vince Gill
17. Country Boy - Albert Lee With Vince Gill
18. If It Makes You Happy - Sheryl Crow With Vince Gill & Albert Lee
19. Tulsa Time - Sheryl Crow With Eric Clapton, Vince Gill & Albert Lee
20. Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain - Willie Nelson With Vince Gill & Albert Lee
21. On The Road Again - Willie Nelson With Sheryl Crow, Vince Gill & Albert Lee

Disc Two:

1. Belief - John Mayer
2. Gravity - John Mayer
3. Don't Worry Baby - Los Lobos
4. Mas Y Mas - Los Lobos
5. Cause We've Ended As Lovers - Jeff Beck
6. Big Block - Jeff Beck
7. Tell The Truth - Eric Clapton
8. Isn't It A Pity - Eric Clapton
9. Little Queen Of Spades - Eric Clapton
10. Who Do You Love - Robbie Robertson With Eric Clapton
11. Presence Of The Lord - Steve Winwood And Eric Clapton
12. Can't Find My Way Home - Steve Winwood And Eric Clapton
13. Had To Cry Today - Steve Winwood And Eric Clapton
14. Dear Mr. Fantasy - Steve Winwood
15. Crossroads - Eric Clapton And Steve Winwood
16. Mary Had A Little Lamb - Buddy Guy
17. Damn Right I've Got The Blues - Buddy Guy
18. Sweet Home Chicago - Buddy Guy With Eric Clapton, Robert Cray, John Mayer, Hubert Sumlin, Jimmie Vaughan & Johnny Winter

Last edited:
Ditto here !
There aren't many like Clapton who are as comfortable in the background as the foreground . Since the 'Concert for Bangladesh ' he has constantly put in cracking , committed performances on these occasions .

~M~

Got this one for Christmas and played it last night. WOW! What a great disc. The stuff with Winwood is as good as it gets. And Derek Trucks is awesome! I thought I was a fan until watching this. Now,I'm really a fan of his. The kid is one of the greats! And Vince Gill might be a country guy, but he rocks.And a great surround mix for a live recording.

Anyone know who that very young girl playing the awesome bass for Jeff Beck was? I'm surprised. There's no credits for anyone on the show. Seems like they'd have put the musicians somewhere on the disc. Kind of wonder who did the 5.1 job,also.

Anyway, I'd recommend this one for anyone who likes guitar.
K

Anyone know who that very young girl playing the awesome bass for Jeff Beck was? I'm surprised. There's no credits for anyone on the show. Seems like they'd have put the musicians somewhere on the disc. Kind of wonder who did the 5.1 job,also.

Anyway, I'd recommend this one for anyone who likes guitar.
K

The 22 year old bassist from Australia is Tal Wilkenfeld - more info here http://www.talwilkenfeld.com/Tal.html

Mixing credits are in the liner notes (folder inside the DVD case);

"Stereo and 5.1 Surround mixed by Elliot Scheiner, Ed Cherney, Chuck Ainlay & Guy Charbonneau."

I have to say that with all the moanin' and groanin' going on here at QQ forum about the lack of new surround titles you would think that everyone would be all over this one - only 5 votes so far - all 10's - a stellar, 5.1 DTS mix.

The 22 year old bassist from Australia is Tal Wilkenfeld
"Stereo and 5.1 Surround mixed by Elliot Scheiner, Ed Cherney, Chuck Ainlay & Guy Charbonneau."
a stellar, 5.1 DTS mix.

This gets my vote for DVD-Video of the year. As Elmer says, this one is stellar. A must have for patrons of this forum! (y)(y)

Dennis

PS. I can't believe she's 22 years old! :eek:

The 22 year old bassist from Australia is Tal Wilkenfeld - more info here http://www.talwilkenfeld.com/Tal.html

Mixing credits are in the liner notes (folder inside the DVD case);

I

Thanks for the info. I was guessing she was only 16 or 17. But still, she has a heck of a resume for a 22 year old.

Was kinda guessing Scheiner had a hand in the mix. He really knows how to do surround sound right.

K

Disc two will be worn out before long!

What a way to wrap up a show. All of that talent. I too was not aware of Steve Winwoods' guitarmanship. Great show, great sound, a solid 10.:smokin

As an aside, I was also very impressed with John Mayer. I will follow up on some of his music.

Great show, great collection of performances captured by people who knew what they were doing (for a change). A boon for us guitar slingers too. Very entertaining and great sounding, I give it a solid "10". Eric Clapton, Derek Trucks, Jeff Beck, John Mayer, Doyle Bramhall II, and a host of others make for an excellent and very musical show. What I wouldn't give to share that stage for a while...

Now - Justin thingy who did the Queen Montreal abomination should go out & buy this live set and study it - it will teach him how he should have done the Queen one.
That Montreal set mixed like this is would have been truly stonking.

For me, the highlights are the 3 Blind Faith tracks:
Presence of the Lord, Can't find my way home & Had to Cry Today.
Had to Cry Today is definitely the highlight of the highlights though.
The 2 drummers & 3 guitars (or was it 4?) are not crowding each other, and I love the way the drumkits are using all 5 channels. Hello, Elliot Scheiner, methinks! Definitely not a Chuck Ainley mix there.
These are played so well & mixed so sympathetically they are literally sublime.
The whole set is stunning in every meaning of the word.

Awesome. So what are you waiting for then? I don't need to say anything else but "Go buy this set - NOW"
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:.:banana:
Five point One bananas - cannot give a higher accolade than that!

I have been playing this over and over can't get enough,I wish there was more Jeff Beck,and I was glad to see Johnny Winter but he looks so frail does'nt look like he will be with us much longer.

I have been playing this over and over can't get enough,I wish there was more Jeff Beck,and I was glad to see Johnny Winter but he looks so frail does'nt look like he will be with us much longer.

You know, he looked frail in the 70's. I am in awe that he still gets up on stage!!!!

Man I am still buzzin about the Clapton/Winwood show I saw last night at the Garden :sun. Sold out for 3 nights - what a set - I can't remember every song but it covered it all from Blind Faith to Traffic to Derek & The Dominoes - even covers of Voodoo Child, Little Wing, Georgia on My Mind - Stevie really knocked the crowd out with that one - just him and the Hammond B3! Nice tribute to Buddy Miles ( who just passed this week) with Them Changes. The crowd went nuts all night long - other standouts were Glad, Can't Find My Way Home, Dear Mr. Fantasy ( the finale), Cocaine, After Midnight, and a majestic In the Presence of the Lord.

A good couple of days - came home after the show to find the advance copy of Ringo 5.1 waiting on my doorstep(y)

Back