Eric Clapton - Nothing But The Blues (Super Deluxe Edition w/Blu-Ray) June 24, 2022

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, like Woodstock, upgrading it to 4K remastered 1080p should be more than sufficient. Thanks for the update!
correct 16mm only has so much resolution 35mm is a completely different kettle of fish. I thought the YouTube samples looked quite good, with the atmos mix it should be a winner. He really had a fire to his performances on that tour and album.

I’ve yet to see any proof that said mix actually exists. If they had it, why not include it on the Give Me Strength set?

True enough ,S J but it's fun to 🤞 wish. FWIW All traces of the quad surround mix that was mentioned....are no longer to be found .

My sincerest hope is to hear a surround mix of E.C. 'S - Just One Night ,his 1980 release live at Budokon.
Played through a good matrix decoder it sounds fascinating.

My copy arrived today. Listening/watching now. The video is good, just wish the aspect ratio was letterbox instead of side pillars.
The Atmos is super full and rich, really catches the tone of the amps, lots of power, the stories are cool to. When was this made, Buddy Guy looks about 40 years old?

The Atmos is super full and rich, really catches the tone of the amps, lots of power, the stories are cool to.
Great, can't wait to hear it.

Recorded Live At the Filmore 1994
"Two nights at the Fillmore in San Francisco (November 8 & 9, 1994) were filmed and recorded during his acclaimed From The Cradle tour, and the highlights from the two shows were selected for this release"

My copy arrived today. Listening/watching now. The video is good, just wish the aspect ratio was letterbox instead of side pillars.
The Atmos is super full and rich, really catches the tone of the amps, lots of power, the stories are cool to. When was this made, Buddy Guy looks about 40 years old?
It won’t make you any happier to know it was apparently shot at 16:9...

I cancelled my order, I hate side pillars. Will listen to it on Apple Music.
I don’t have a problem with side-pillars if that’s the way it was shot or it’s importantly artistically. But in this case I doubt it’s an improvement.

Plus the BD apparently has commentary over some of the music - with no music-only program available.

UHD adds a lot more than resolution, so there are other arguments in favour of 16mm film being released as a 4K Ultra HD release not the least of which is color space.
Just found out about this one today and saw Atmos and 5.1, pulled the trigger on eBay 20 pounds shipped to Canada from Chalky. Nice!

Back