Music DVD Poll Eric Clapton - One More Car, One More Rider: Live On Tour 2001

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate The DVD-V Eric Clapton - One More Car, One More Rider: Live On Tour 2001

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 2 - Poor Mix, Quality & Content

• 1 - Forget it. Just don't bother

• Total voters

neil wilkes

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Please post your thoughts, comments & Observations on this DVD from the 2001 tour.
Multichannel DD & DTS mixes
DD Stereo.

Last edited:
Nobody?
Oh well. Obviously EC = God no longer!
Personally, I think this is a superb album. The mix is well-done & punchy too (considering that the rear channels are, as seems common these days, just ambient reverb that sounds like a hall slap-back).
The proper use of the centre channel anchors things in the image - which is all too rare these days with centre channel often being just vocal, or just solos. To have a centrewith Kick/Snare really holds the entire mix in place & gives a "being there" feeling much more realistically than the commonplace Phantom Centre beloved of our stereo friends does!

It IS a great recording and performance. I've watched it once or twice but listened to the soundtrack many times.

jeez, am I put off! after all this time and nobody tried Ec out? If you even slightly like EC, this is a terrific show! sadly we lost a great with the passing of Billy Preston who acording to EC "saved" this tour gives a very entertaining show also. Very well produced, well worth the $. We need more dvd music like this.

Missed this poll the first time around, but I really like this DVD. Love the version of "Bell Bottom Blues"!!

This was one I transferred from DVD to DVD-A for the car. Great show excellent sound. Must have missed this poll originally.

Well, unfortunately I missed this poll, too.

Great performance, inspired musicians, the late Billy Preston in his classic HAMMOND firing all pistons --- a must have for any music lover !!!!

The mix is very well done, but slightly bright to my ears (the upper range sometimes sounds overdone).

Regards from BRAZIL !!!

Just watched this.

Discogs Link:
https://www.discogs.com/Eric-Clapton-One-More-Car-One-More-Rider/release/2455716
All as Neil said way back in 2007 and the others who added their comments up to afelcandy's in Oct 2008!!

First play in my LG multi-region DVD player...Model DP542H
Because the seller on Amazon told porkies..his DVD is not playable in UK only coded players
This one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00006SFLX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
It really is a great concert and to see Billy Preston and Andy Fairweather Low joining Eric on stage just adds to its quality.

The late, lamented, Billy Preston is in fine form and if for that reason alone, it is well worth getting yourself a copy of this concert.
Filmed on location at The Staples Center LA Aug 2001

Haven’t watched this one in ages, but I recall it features an excellent front-based soundstage with plenty of punch. The highlight for me is River Of Tears, which is simply superlative and has to be experienced to be believed. Wow! I vote a well deserved 8.

Back