Estate Sales Links for Surround Equipment

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I share that fear .

While these things seem important to me , I can only wonder whether my children will share the sentiments .
Yep.

I've thought of earlier generations when dad's had to have a good work shop & made lasting things like furniture or other hand crafts. What would my will say? Something like "to my daughter's I bequeath all my wav & jpg files."

The number of pictures being taken has grown exponentially since the advent of digital photography and even more since everyone has smart phones. Do you realize the volume of family photos that will have accumulated in another 100 years?
It's scary isn't it? The younger members of my family photograph everything for no apparent reason other than that they can (and must always have something to share on social media) - they even photograph what they have on their plate for dinner. God knows why anyone would be interested defeats me. It's like the vast numbers of people you see at sporting events watching the video recording that they are making as they hold their mobiles above their heads rather than looking at the match itself. Complete madness.

It's scary isn't it? The younger members of my family photograph everything for no apparent reason other than that they can (and must always have something to share on social media) - they even photograph what they have on their plate for dinner. God knows why anyone would be interested defeats me. It's like the vast numbers of people you see at sporting events watching the video recording that they are making as they hold their mobiles above their heads rather than looking at the match itself. Complete madness.
Exactly. There used to be a filter, the cost of development, to keep us being somewhat selective of the pictures we took. With the cost being virtually free that filter has been removed. The answer to why younger people photograph everything is because, they can. They give it absolutely no thought. As for your last sentence I've been to concerts where there are people basically watching the concert through their phone as they record it. Kind of defeats the purpose of being there in my opinion,

As for your last sentence I've been to concerts where there are people basically watching the concert through their phone as they record it.
Nothing new. Many decades back, I recall seeing tourists with bulky video camera/recorders hoisted on a shoulder and seeing all the grandeurs of nature and culture through a small eyepiece.
Kind of defeats the purpose of being there in my opinion,
That's what I thought.

What about people who have no family left?
Around here every county has an agency for that. I believe the counties sell items that have market value to fund the agency. If a person dies with no heirs, the property typically goes to the state. If the person lives in a rental, I suppose it falls to the landlord.

Sometimes people will not report the passing of a parent and continue to cash their Social Security checks, or even cast their ballots!

Many decades back, I recall seeing tourists with bulky video camera/recorders hoisted on a shoulder and seeing all the grandeurs of nature and culture through a small eyepiece.
We all saw them, but thankfully, back then, they were in the minority. Now you’re in the minority if you aren’t viewing life through the prism of a smartphone.

What about people who have no family left?
If I go before my wife (who thinks my record collection is excessive - see avatar), she’s been instructed to get bids from a couple of used record stores in town. Maybe she’ll get a grand for the lot - there are a handful of valuable discs in there) but who can tell?

Nothing new. Many decades back, I recall seeing tourists with bulky video camera/recorders hoisted on a shoulder and seeing all the grandeurs of nature and culture through a small eyepiece.

That's what I thought.
I get that perspective. As an avid amateur photographer, when I’m in the presence of magnificence, be it a landscape or live music, actively pursuing a photograph helps me appreciate the experience. I become one with the performance.

For anyone wanting to waste 10 minutes of their life, here’s a slideshow I created to capture my feelings behind the lens.

Last edited:
Meanwhile at the estate sale...

https://www.estatesales.net/TX/Alvin/77511/3195189
No affiliation. TAKE COVID PRECAUTIONS! Arrange a non-contact or minimum-contact sale if you can. For online auctions -- check buyer's premium and terms.

1-t.jpg

Back