Everything But the Girl - new album "Fuse" - blu-ray w/Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

privateuniverse

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Everything But the Girl will release their first album in 23 years, Fuse, on April 23rd. There will be a CD/Blu-ray option with an Atmos mix. SDE write-up here.

spread_cdblu_1024x1024.jpg

Oh my god this is so awesome. It's so great to see more great electronic releases coming out with all of this atmos stuff, as I tend to be more interested in that type of music. Everything But the Girl has been an artist that I have been meaning to check out for ages (I swear I've been recommended their album Walking Wounded at least 10 times in the past year :p). Regardless of what I've heard previously, this new single is a really great UK Garage banger and hearing a couple of their previous tracks makes this an immediate pre order for me!

Last edited:
I'm assuming this means the only multichannel mix is Atmos? Those of us with a more simple surround system won't be able to enjoy it.
Yeah, no mention of a dedicated 5.1 mix unfortunately. Like you, I'm only set up for 5.1, not Atmos. However, I have found that many Atmos mixes downmix to 5.1 pretty effectively. There are some that don't. Hopefully this will sound good in 5.1.

Yeah, no mention of a dedicated 5.1 mix unfortunately. Like you, I'm only set up for 5.1, not Atmos. However, I have found that many Atmos mixes downmix to 5.1 pretty effectively. There are some that don't. Hopefully this will sound good in 5.1.
So if I pop this in my Oppo, it might play in multichannel mode? Or would I need a receiver that could decode/downmix it? Mine is vintage, so the Oppo does all the work for me. :)

So if I pop this in my Oppo, it might play in multichannel mode? Or would I need a receiver that could decode/downmix it? Mine is vintage, so the Oppo does all the work for me. :)
I have a non-Atmos 5.1 AVR which I use to decode the Oppo output, and it just plays the Dolby Atmos Bed (so 5.1/7.1) of discs. I believe Atmos extracts the height etc. signals from the Bed, and then the AVR positions them depending on your system set-up, so the audio stream is actually already 'folded down' on the disc. In non-Atmos you get everything in 5.1/7.1 but it may be more like listened in stereo to a Quad folddown, instrument positions won't always reflect the mixers intentions.

I'm so in for this! Complete on them incl. 2 CD UK expandeds, 12"& CD EP's, and solo projects. Have met Ben & Tracey. Caught them live. They were kind enough to autograph my Walking Wounded and Eden (UK)CD's.

I'm so behind times. Have 5 Quad and/or 5.1 home systems. Onkyo 5.1 runs as 2 ch, since it is my laundry room system! No room for other speakers. Two more are 7.1 capable, one of those is 7.1 Denon (110 x7). Running all except Laundry Room as 5.1.

Hopefully adding Atmos preamp & 4k/BD/SACD etc. drive this year

Thanks..
I normally order from satewide Europe, since Brexit we are tacked on a 24% VAT here in Greece plus shipping (plus the delays of the Greek Postal system!) . Hope it shows up at Amazon Germany or jpc.de later on . I will order from the UK as a last resort...
Unfortunately I have the same issue with all the Esoteric recording releases and Burning Shed as much as I would have loved to support both directly..
Edit..with one exception...DUTTON VOCALION...the have a soft place in my heart..:)

Back