Everything But the Girl - new album "Fuse" - blu-ray w/Atmos

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I miss Tower Records London in Piccadilly Circus. I remember moving to the UK in 95 and it was the biggest record store I had ever seen. And all music was in only 3 genre categories. And I mean ALL music regardless of format, media.

- What were the 3 genre categories Tower Records London placed all music Messi’s under ?
Pop, rock and classical?

1. Opera
2. Classical
3. Pop/Rock
- everything that wasnt classical or opera was all mixed in together A-Z
- Thats A-Z pronounced Zed, not Zee, because its English and we speak English. he he.
Very interesting! I worked at the Tower in Northridge, CA and we had further categories: Jazz, Rap, etc. Plus a dedicated import section.

I was the import buyer for a bit and would fax in orders to the Piccadilly Circus store. We'd get these big boxes full of imports a couple of times a month and it was like Christmas!

Back to the EBTG album, I've learned not to bunch pre-orders with already released stuff with JPC. Going to be waiting a while on the CD/BDA set since I included the upcoming Def Lep with my order. No complaints though, they had great prices for everything in my order!

I miss Tower Records London in Piccadilly Circus. I remember moving to the UK in 95 and it was the biggest record store I had ever seen. And all music was in only 3 genre categories. And I mean ALL music regardless of format, media.

- What were the 3 genre categories Tower Records London placed all music Messi’s under ?
I moved to London from Sydney in 1997, Towers Records was mind blowing to me, I loved that place. I actually worked in the same building directly above it for a few years. I was back in London last year and unfortunately the store is long gone :cautious:

Verve Records, huh? Is it because Tracey sounds like an old Black woman?.. interesting...
I just received it and almost immediately played it....
It's basically an album done about a year or two after "Walking Wounded" ...except for Tracey's almost unrecognizable voice... sorry, I just can't let go of it... this was one of the reasons I love EBTG... it seems they have another singer now...
won't vote until a couple more listenings...so far .. well, what i said...

Thanks..
I normally order from satewide Europe, since Brexit we are tacked on a 24% VAT here in Greece plus shipping (plus the delays of the Greek Postal system!) . Hope it shows up at Amazon Germany or jpc.de later on . I will order from the UK as a last resort...
Unfortunately I have the same issue with all the Esoteric recording releases and Burning Shed as much as I would have loved to support both directly..
Edit..with one exception...DUTTON VOCALION...the have a soft place in my heart..:)
Burning Shed uses IOSS since April 2022 meaning that on orders below €150,00 BS will handle the VAT according to your own country. So you don’t pay VAT twice as we still do with SDE for example.

https://burningshed.com/support

Last edited:
Back