Extracting DVD-Video surround audio to DVD-A??

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Argelius

Huge apologies for what I know has been discussed before, but my searches either came up with very old (2004) posts, or techno talk that confused my pitiful little brain...

My question: is there any product out there that will take the surround sound audio tracks from DVD-movies and put it on a DVD-A disc?

(I have a car equipped with DVD-A; I'm not selling anything -- just want these discs for my own use from DVDs I already own. I own discWelder Bronze...)

Thanks.

Check out a program called DVD Audio Extractor

http://www.castudio.org/dvdaudioextractor/

It's not that expensive. It takes the audio tracks from a DVD VIDEO disc and gives you the 6 channels of wav files, which you then can use in DiscWelder to make a DVD-Audio.

NOTE: This does not work on DVD-Audio discs

Okay, I have been using DVD Audio Extractor during the trial period and generally loved it. Before purchasing it however, I do have one teeny tiny gripe about it. It extracts audio up to the 48K level, but not up to 96K. Now, I don't fault the program that much since most DVD-Video don't have DTS 96/24 on it. But, there are a few discs I own that do (e.g. Genesis 1976-1982 Boxed Set). So, IF there is a program out there that can extract it at 96/24, I'd rather take that than DVD Audio Extractor.

Does such a program exist?

So, IF there is a program out there that can extract it at 96/24, I'd rather take that than DVD Audio Extractor.

Does such a program exist?
I don't think there is a program that decodes DTS 96/24 to disk (yet?). On the other hand you won't miss much as there hardly is relevant information above 24 khz anyway.

Back