Extracting music from multi-channel discs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thou surely missest my point. The point is audiophiles will buy almost anything that is analog if marketed properly and Blue-Wave Audio will be an analog wet dream. Small disc without surface noise or clicks/pops or tape hiss. It will be at least as good as 1982 digital, but marketed towards people who believe in Santa Claus. ;) (i.e. Look how vinyl is on the rise again, selling more than CDs now). We just need a really good mass media puff piece!

Analog is BACK! With a Vengeance!!! (And best of all you can't copy it without converting to digital and "ruining" its yummy analog caramel center!)
Got it!

Wire recorders. Let's see if we can get them into wire recorders! :D

You know, then we can sell the audiophile grade wire with oxygen free plutonium nyborg alloy!

Got it!
Wire recorders. Let's see if we can get them into wire recorders!
You know, then we can sell the audiophile grade wire with oxygen free plutonium nyborg alloy!

I'm thinking built-in Shakti stones in the player's isolating feet will be gold as well. ;)

Last edited:
I do hope to rip many of them , and am in the process of setting up for file based playing, and understand those that never want to handle any disc again.
But some of us like having something physical, maybe with pictures, art, "liner notes" etc.

Amen. I've been diskless for nearly 3 years now.

I do understand the physical part and the desire for pics and liner notes and such. But it seems that gap is steadily closing with every year. Front cover album art is an on-screen given now on every media player ive used. Kodi, Foobar and Musicbee can be configured to provide lyrics during playback. Typically, scrolling and animated lyrics are available. I use Kodi which allows for artist slideshows during playback. You can also do visualizations that many people prefer. MusicBee scrapes artist and album info to provide a really nice info page and will even search out the artists albums you DONT have in your library and reccomend them. Then there is the Roon experience.

Got it!
Wire recorders. Let's see if we can get them into wire recorders! :D
I'm thinking built-in Shakti stones in the player's isolating feet will be gold as well. ;)
But the waves can only be recorded in the direction of the printed arrow :devilish::ROFLMAO:

Dont provide any measurements or science behind your claims and be sure you charge a rediculously high price for the equipment. In audio circles, that gives instant credibility. You wont sell a lot of them, but at those profit margins, you wont have to.

I miss everything about album cover art and physical handling!

The shrunk CD books... since near sighted focus ability has started to malfunction (as it apparently normally does after the 45 mark), these are just insulting to me now! Physical ended with vinyl and the shiny discs just don't even count as far as I'm concerned.

So it turns out that collecting for best (un-corrupted) audio quality is more of a thing than it was in the analog days. That can still be frustrating when some releases only come out in novelty quality. But at least now we get plenty examples of matter of fact 24 bit masters right off the mastering desk and no mutilation. And then I can zoom in the screen on the artwork without even thinking about it and stay in denial about vision aging.

Happiness and light. :D

Presbyopia , like death and taxes , comes to all of us sooner or later. The first symptom is not being able to read the labels on the back of electronic equipment on your rack. You have to get a flashlight to light them up and get your irises to close down so that they are sharp enough to read.
Then you realize that your reading glasses need to live on a librarians cord as mine have been for the past 25 to 30 years. I used to joke that it made the girls ask for my phone number.:giggle::rolleyes::geek:

Dont provide any measurements or science behind your claims and be sure you charge a rediculously high price for the equipment. In audio circles, that gives instant credibility. You wont sell a lot of them, but at those profit margins, you wont have to.

Vacuum tubes! Don't forget the magical glow of tubes and the single-ended triode in particular! Who needs a good recording when a high end SET amp that puts out a whopping 5 watts produces the most glorious even-order euphonic distortion when it inevitably goes into overdrive (unless you pair it with even more glorious horn speakers at least the size of a tuba)!

OMG it's amazing!

To think when I was in school in the early 1990s my University's accreditation was threatened if they didn't remove vacuum tubes from the curriculum (I kid you not)! Fortunately, the professor I had blatantly ignored it but said he'd deny he taught them if someone questioned him. I mean WTF. I was in the last class there that got taught how to use analog computers as well (The Doctor that taught it was head of Electronic Engineering and worked at NASA during the Apollo missions. He said they got to the moon with slide rules and analog computers and not having a background in them would be a damn shame indeed as the fundamentals don't change and wiring an analog computer (patch cords baby!) is as close as you can get to inputting the transfer functions directly as math equations (they could graph the curves straight to a plotter using the most primitive box you ever saw). Hell it's been over 30 years, but I remember that being a fun class.

We were also required to learn basic assembly language too for Digital Systems and make our own calculator program in it and input the numbers using hardware input switches wired through the parallel port and output the results to external LED displays over the same port wired up manually. I think my program took 28 pages of printed code that probably could have been done in one or two pages of a higher level language. But you saw the direct interaction between binary/hex code and actual registers inside the Intel x86 CPUs.

Ah, but I digress...

Analog, really pure analog for storing media will never come back. Digital processing with more and more ones and zeroes is the present and will be the future.

Think about the Universe itself is “digital” in the sense of the quantum mechanics. Nothing is “continuous”. Everything is made based of the sum of small discrete quantum.

As technology progresses, increasing the digital storage density and the digital power processing, Digital will be more ubiquitous then never. Is the way the Universe is built up.

Never say never.... History has a way of repeating itself, especially when people get bored or there's money to be made. Look at all the bad Hollywood reboots. Did they really need to remake Total Recall when the original was perfect? That doesn't seem to stop them. I'm surprised there hasn't been another Casablanca or Maltese Falcon (the latter of which was a remake/reboot of the 1931 version, just 10 years earlier).

Analog, really pure analog for storing media will never come back. Digital processing with more and more ones and zeroes is the present and will be the future.

Think about the Universe itself is “digital” in the sense of the quantum mechanics. Nothing is “continuous”. Everything is made based of the sum of small discrete quantum.

As technology progresses, increasing the digital storage density and the digital power processing, Digital will be more ubiquitous then never. Is the way the Universe is built up.

I'm not certain, I am certain, Heisenberg rules! ;)o_O:rolleyes:

OK. You are right. I was thinking in a World that evolves more or less with the current rules and behaviour. Even in this situation, the love for vintage and/or finding business opportunity could lead to new analog systems.

On the other hand, you never know what a different world could be in the future after a catastrophic event or human change.

Lesson learned: I will never say never :)

Yes, makes one wonder what a vinyl groove looks like on a molecular level. Maybe like a Cobblestone street?

On the molecular level, it is more like the Grand Canyon.

This is a "clean" vinyl groove. I'm scared when it will be dirty or scratched

Vinyl groove.jpg

Back