Facebook Time with Snood - Where Snood has been and what is the latest?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of you who don’t know, I am retired medical doctor. Snood’s Mom suffered a seriously difficult but fully reversible medication side effect. I have been in contact with him via text message, and things should continue to get better for Momma Snood from here on out now that the medication has been stopped. Now, what the two of them need the most is rest. And yes, support from QQ most definitely helps.

The people on this forum are amazing and there are none more amazing than Snood.

Hi Snood

It breaks my heart to read your raw emotion pouring out to your fellow QQ members.

But on the on hand it's great that you are able to freely express yourself without fear of misunderstanding.
There isn't one of us who hasn't hard a really tough time, at some point, with our journey through life. We understand what you are going through, although we are not there physically, to lend a hand, we still provide all the emotional support we can.

Your mom means the world to you Snood and you are trying your very hardest to do the right thing for her.

I had a similar experience with my mum. I won't go into details but it was very difficult.

Stay strong Snood, your mom needs you to be taking care of not only her but yourself.

Sending you both a ton of Love 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

Last edited:
For those of you who don’t know, I am retired medical doctor. Snood’s Mom suffered a seriously difficult but fully reversible medication side effect. I have been in contact with him via text message, and things should continue to get better for Momma Snood from here on out now that the medication has been stopped. Now, what the two of them need the most is rest. And yes, support from QQ most definitely helps.

The people on this forum are amazing and there are none more amazing than Snood.

Thank you doctor for helping out a fellow QQ member. I am sure that it is giving Snood some peace of mind knowing that he has you on his side.

Thank you doctor for helping out a fellow QQ member. I am sure that it is giving Snood some peace of mind knowing that he has you on his side.
I was happy to be there to lend a hand in Snood and Momma Snood’s time of need. I’m sure that everyone would agree that one small act of kindness cannot even begin to repay Snood for all that he has selflessly given us.

I was happy to be there to lend a hand in Snood and Momma Snood’s time of need. I’m sure that everyone would agree that one small act of kindness cannot even begin to repay Snood for all that he has selflessly given us.

Thank you E and thank you again everyone for words of advice

So quickly, where I left off.......I let mom sleep in her wheel chair until 1030 PM about 4 hours.....even though it looked uncomfy, it was the first sleep she had gotten in 2 days. I was freaking out when I woke her up not knowing what I would get or how many imaginary people she would be seeing. Woke her, she was reaaaaaaaaaal groggy but groggy semi lucid, I fed her some food which she was able to get to her own mouth much better along with some coffee. Got her to her bedroom but it was still a lil wonky getting her to the edge of her bed.......sat with her on her bed and she cried while she hugged me about how she could she and feel her life flowing out of her hands (while rubbing her hands and crying).

Sat there hugging and consoling for a bit - got her into bed. She was out like a light in 10 minutes........checked up on her many times with the baby monitor and every time she was asleep and not talking to imaginary people.....I let her sleep as long as I could (I had my own dr app with my dr who I had not seen in 2 and a half years - I was going to cancel it - I had a friend coming over to sit with her)

So at 10 I see her up and went ok better go and check before she feels alone - i come in and say hey mom are you ok - she says did I wake up too soon? LOL - i say nah how do ya feel......she was not looking around for imaginary things or talking to them - pretty lucid - i got out the portable toilet and was okish getting there and on it.....got her changed and dressed and in her chair to watch tv - kept asking fro coffee.... My app for dr was at 1 - about 1130ish I said I think I might be able to actually go to my dr app. I got her out to the family room by letting her walk with her walker and get in the chair and waited for my friend neighbor across the street. She could not do that the previous 2 days

Went to dr all went great got back mom was still great.

there were a couple quick iffy moments, but sooooooooooo much better than today

It now has been 36 hours off the shitty medication....we were able to use the regular bathroooom of course with my help, but she was able to position herself - she is still OK, but not out of the woods yet - hoping the night is good to her.

E was right about the Meds and the interactions - My mom takes Simvastatin which was on the interaction list - doc knew but no red flags went up ...what??

Also her other geriatric doc on Tuesday prescribes her Trazodone 25 mg to help her sleep - he knows she is on the bad medication, but still prescribes a medication that is on the do not use list WTF!!

I did come close to calling ER on Wednesday night........I did not know if I would be able to get her to her bed or even off the wheel chair.........A friend told me I can call the fire station and they will literally send someone over to help in those cases also for free........after about an hour of trying to find the right number, I called - asking if this was true and I might need help - I was freaking and broke up a lil because i was scared and embarrassed that I needed to do that. They actually said yes and were ready to send someone over right away to help me move her to wherever I needed, saying he was there til 6 am with 9 other people and to call anytime you need help with her. I was like :eek: - very very grateful - I did not have to use them, but it is there now and good to know.

She is still OK at 10 PM watching law & order - just still hoping for the best.

Thank you again everybody:love:

In these times of darkness when my faith in humanity is low, reading your posts Snood give me some hope. It's amazing to have some members of the forum actually helping like our doctor. Our link here is the music in surround, but it's amazing when online relations can go beyond that and we can act with solidarity. I hope all forums and world in general would behave in the same way.
A huge hug for you, Snood

Snood cherish the time you have with her. I took care of my mother and grandmother until they died. Things happen fast. In the space of 5 years my father, brother and mother were dead. My mother was the last to go 10 months after my brother was murdered. When taking care of my grandmother, then my mother, I learned about quality time. I wanted to be there for her when she died. She died from cancer. When taking care of her I neglected friends and other relationships so that when she died i was alone. The only people left were a few clients.. What got me through was laughter. Even on the worst days there was always something that made me smile or laugh even if only for a moment.. That one moment would be enough to get me to the next day.

I learned that I needed balance. When all this was happening I turned inward instead of reaching out to my friends. So by the time they were dead there was no one. I had to get myself back out in the world and meet new people. Something that helped was realizing that life is not a race. Its a relay race. We are blessed when we are handed the baton and blessed when we have those to hand it to when our leg of the race is run. Keep the balance, maintain and continue to cultivate your relationships so that you will not end up alone. If she raised you right she did not raise a child she raised a parent. Parents have the strength to not only take care of themselves but also others. Do not close yourself off cultivate the relationships you have as well as creating new ones.

When I joined this forum my mother was still alive. When she died the forum was and still is here. Your raised you right so you got this and we got you. My father changed his name to Green. I am the first to be born Green and the last still alive. Now to find some breeding stock so I have can have those to pass the baton to when the time comes. Remember when you stop laughing they win. Treat life like a woman. If it has the guts to take a chance have the nuts to make it dance.

Thank you Green thanks for the kind words and advice.

Sorry to hear about your past situation - mentioning friends, well all my real life close friends have moved away as soon as just 3 months ago to other parts of Florida. I do call them about once a week or 2 weeks.....Snood no social butterfly so hard for me to go out and make new ones this late in the game, but very loyal to friends I have had. My breeding stock game days are over lol.

I will post up an update soon enough - Thank you again Green and everyone who has responded and given awesome advice and encouragement :love:

Thank you Green thanks for the kind words and advice.

Sorry to hear about your past situation - mentioning friends, well all my real life close friends have moved away as soon as just 3 months ago to other parts of Florida. I do call them about once a week or 2 weeks.....Snood no social butterfly so hard for me to go out and make new ones this late in the game, but very loyal to friends I have had. My breeding stock game days are over lol.

I will post up an update soon enough - Thank you again Green and everyone who has responded and given awesome advice and encouragement :love:

It ain’t over till it’s over Snood 😀.

Back