Quantcast

HiRez Poll Fahl, Mary - FROM THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON [Blu-Ray Audio]

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

Rate the BDA of Mary Fahl - FROM THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

• Total voters

LuvMyQuad

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I ordered this based on several recommendations here. With respect to the performance, I like it a lot. The re-interpretation of this classic is done with taste and imagination. Its so good i can see myself playing it in place of the original. It dosent hurt that the sonics and mix are exemplary. Demo material for sure. That adds up to a 10 for me.

Customer service was excellent as well. I accidentally ordered two copies. I was contacted by Mary F. herself via email asking if it was on purpose or an error. She canceled one copy and issued a refund. I had the other copy in my hand in 3 days. Perfect!

Anyone interested in the title or well done surround music in general should buy this.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Don't worry, yesterday I looked to see where mine was and it was still sight seeing in New Jersey (for 9 days!), then today it is at JFK Airport. The initial courier RR Donnelly likes moving it around NJ!
View attachment 51063
Hopefully, Dunc, you'll have it in your possession by 2028 when the U.S. is projecting another moon landing....and Mary Fahl will be a grandmother!

mattB2

400 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Its the 2nd one Mary has sent as the first got lost, probably by the same courier who likes to meander around NJ for 9 days!
I've had more or less the same experience. My first copy was sent on 25th March and disappeared en route. Mary very kindly sent me a replacement copy on 15th April which seems to have gone on the same grand tour before ending up in the UK on 6th May.

I got a card from the Post Office yesterday to say that I need to pay £13.67 in Customs and handling fees which I've paid and so it should finally arrive tomorrow. Here's hoping.

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
I feel really sorry for Mary :(, she has been sending 2 discs to each of us in the UK at cost to her of the disc and postage, yet it looks like the courier is losing them in the USA :mad:

mattB2

400 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
Finally arrived today together with card saying that a Customs fee is due on the original delivery which has turned up from somewhere (another £15.17 in ransom money). I've paid again so it should arrive on Saturday.

Mary said that I could dispose of the duplicate should it ever arrive so if anyone wants it and is willing to pay me £20 plus postage to help offset my Customs payments then please PM me and I will send it on.

I find it amazing that the original supplier and myself are both out of pocket but the postal services which helped cause the problem have made extra profits. :mad:

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Finally arrived today together with card saying that a Customs fee is due on the original delivery which has turned up from somewhere (another £15.17 in ransom money). I've paid again so it should arrive on Saturday.

Mary said that I could dispose of the duplicate should it ever arrive so if anyone wants it and is willing to pay me £20 plus postage to help offset my Customs payments then please PM me and I will send it on.

I find it amazing that the original supplier and myself are both out of pocket but the postal services which helped cause the problem have made extra profits. :mad:
I don't mind paying the tax, but the ransom fee is usually a lot more than the tax :mad:

rusinurbe

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
I don't mind paying the tax, but the ransom fee is usually a lot more than the tax :mad:
I agree blame the government they allowed the post office to charge before they allowed it the post office didn't collet small amounts as there was nothing in it for them.

The fee should not be larger than the tax

fredblue

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Today I received a notice from the post office. 24.83 € is called the love letter that I will receive along with the blu ray. 😡😡
several of us Euro QQ-ers feel your pain, looks like we all got clobbered for customs.. saddest of all the artist doesn't see a penny of that money.. i just hope nobody gives it a "1" in the Poll because "taxman's taken all our dough!" 😉

not on a Quad witch hunt by any means, just curious since i can't see anything in the Poll itself, if the member who gave this a "1" ever popped by to say why they thought what they thought of it?

J. PUPSTER

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
several of us Euro QQ-ers feel your pain, looks like we all got clobbered for customs.. saddest of all the artist doesn't see a penny of that money.. i just hope nobody gives it a "1" in the Poll because "taxman's taken all our dough!" 😉

not on a Quad witch hunt by any means, just curious since i can't see anything in the Poll itself, if the member who gave this a "1" ever popped by to say why they thought what they thought of it?
Right?
Taxman hit, or probably a PF fanboy lifer that hates anything that alters the original (shake head dourly)