Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bgf1973

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Has anyone In Europe received the CD that Mary used to say (she doesn't say it on the web anymore) that she would send to outsiders to compensate for the high shipping costs?

edisonbaggins

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Don’t worry. I was angry but I only told her that I have finally paid $ 68 $ and I have not received the promised Cd
I understand the anger, and I bet she does too. These are anxious times for us all.
She has gone out of her way to get redundant free copies of whatever in the mail to fans. She's also getting hosed by the complete disaster we call the postal service, these days.
She took a huge gamble on recovering costs to do a stand-alone blu-ray audio for us all and sending out redundant copies, no questions asked, is not helping her bottom line.
She deserves our support, some hugs and free drinks too.
🍷

Last edited:

Bravado

She has gone out of her way to get redundant free copies of whatever in the mail to fans. She's also getting hosed by the complete disaster we call the postal service, these days.
I fully Agree. She mailed out my order with Stamps.com, but the package seemed to end 'in Limbo', as she called it.
I did send her an email, which was answerred by her very personal and she did send a replacement with USPS.
This package took about 2 weeks to get here.
I was very pleased by her kind service and personal reactions.

DuncanS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
It arrived last week and I finally got to listen to it today. The fidelity is a 10, the surround mix is a 10 (it fits the album), the arrangements are musically interesting so a 10. Mary's voice becomes an instrument in its own right, and very powerful and emotive. It is an excellent reimaging of an iconic album. It is nothing like Pink Floyd's original, but this is exactly what I wanted from it, why produce an exact copy? This a beautiful and haunting (and a bit dark side of!) album. I really like it. Its a solid 10 from me, and I am making sure I only give 10s to albums which make me go Wow.

Mary had to send more than one copy, which she did without hesitation, and apologised for something that was not her fault. The 1st copy vanished into the postal system in the USA, so considering this is essentially a self release that must hurt financially. The 2nd spent way too long in NJ before heading over the Atlantic (I worried it would disappear as well), then it sat in UK Customs for a week!

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Since 2002/2003
The post office is a disgrace! How could they lose so many of this poor girls shipments? It's not fair at all. She apparently is being very gracious at her own expense making up for the horrible service from those postal folks. Very sad indeed.

And what's up with that '1' vote? If you vote '1', at least post your thoughts for crying out loud. I can understand if you don't like a release, but to indicate that this one sounds shitty is totally bogus - unless you post why. Even if this material makes you want to puke, it deserves at least a 6 for mix and fidelity. I honestly am surprised to see such a vote from a long time and well respected member. Please post your reasons to validate your vote. I've said before that every vote is valid as long as there is a reason posted.

doppelbock

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Yeah, a "1" really needs a lot of explanation. Hell, I'm only half through my first take and the mix/fidelity earn it top marks. I'd guess any issues are with her interpretations of the songs, but please , do speak up and tell us what you don't like...separate what may bother you about how she did the songs with the quality of the mix.

Eclectic

The more I listen to this one, the more I like it. It was audacious to attempt it, and Mary et al. succeeded in spades. The mix is perfect for the arrangements. I'm so glad it was rediscovered and made available to us! I wish others with completed multichannel mixes would do likewise (I'm talkin' to you, Elton and Steely*).

* By the way, which one's Pink? 😉

dorikamu

Wow, I am totally hooked on this record and can't get Mary's voice out of my head now that I have listened to it over and over again! This is a true gem of a record with a wonderful surround mix.
I ordered it from Mary's website in March. The Blu-ray wouldn't arrive for ages (using Stamp.com) so after two month I wrote to Mary and she sent a second disc via USPS which arrived in Switzerland 2w later. And then, to my surprise, the following week also the Stamp.com parcel arrived.... So maybe we should all just be more patient... Anyways, get this record while it is still available!

Would vote 11 if I could (Content 10 / Fidelity 10 / Surround Mix 10) + 1 for the awesome music

knifeman

Wow, I am totally hooked on this record and can't get Mary's voice out of my head now that I have listened to it over and over again! This is a true gem of a record with a wonderful surround mix.
I ordered it from Mary's website in March. The Blu-ray wouldn't arrive for ages (using Stamp.com) so after two month I wrote to Mary and she sent a second disc via USPS which arrived in Switzerland 2w later. And then, to my surprise, the following week also the Stamp.com parcel arrived.... So maybe we should all just be more patient... Anyways, get this record while it is still available!

Would vote 11 if I could (Content 10 / Fidelity 10 / Surround Mix 10) + 1 for the awesome music
If I was across the pond and had to deal with this shipping nightmare, and Mary sent me a second copy which I received, and then the original copy finally appeared, I'd refuse delivery and have it returned to her. I don't think many artists would send out second copies like she did and that way she's not eating the cost on a second disc, which ultimately she did not need to send.

dorikamu

If I was across the pond and had to deal with this shipping nightmare, and Mary sent me a second copy which I received, and then the original copy finally appeared, I'd refuse delivery and have it returned to her. I don't think many artists would send out second copies like she did and that way she's not eating the cost on a second disc, which ultimately she did not need to send.
Refusal was not an option as It was put directly in my mailbox. Thinking about ordering a second copy and tell her not to send it

knifeman

Refusal was not an option as It was put directly in my mailbox. Thinking about ordering a second copy and tell her not to send it
I thought it unlikely the postal service would be similar in different parts of the world. This would be an option for U.S. buyers, who fortunately didn't have to deal with this mess. Just my two cents. (y)