Shipping - Fahl, Mary - FROM THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The downloadable version of the album is available. Anybody want to be a guinea pig?
https://immersiveaudioalbum.com/pro...O9Txze__KQNM6cLejBTmMFHxkLsq8HWrKggb2MZRXsdFA
Thanks for the link. Much appreciated. Would never have found it otherwise. Went ahead with the download yesterday. I would have preferred the blu-ray but the chance of it getting to Australia by post (???) within the next couple of months is not good. It only took a few seconds to download. Took longer to put on the network drive. No geo-restrictions as there are with other vendors. The quality sounds good. Couldn't play it that loud on first listen, plus there was heavy rain. Will give it a more complete work out over the weekend.

My difficulty is how to play gapless. The instructions say to play the M3U file. This doesn't show up on My various Oppo's. These files show up under DLNA but not SMB. All other files I have show up under both. Weird.

My main players are Oppo BDP-103D's. Most of my extensive collection is digitised either Flac or DSD. I haven't had any success with gapless play. Both types play fine via DLNA. This download plays fine in the same way as the others by DLNA, although I have to retag them to have them in the correct order. The only instructions for the OPPO to play gapless I can find, is by using the 'Option' button under USB or SAMBA. I have no 'Options'. If anyone has a link somewhere to get this working, I would appreciate it.

On a separate note, if anyone also has any instructions to making a playlist of multiple Flac and DSD files to play from a Network drive to an Oppo that would also be useful. So far I have only found recently played.

Thanks for the link. Much appreciated. Would never have found it otherwise. Went ahead with the download yesterday. I would have preferred the blu-ray but the chance of it getting to Australia by post (???) within the next couple of months is not good. It only took a few seconds to download. Took longer to put on the network drive. No geo-restrictions as there are with other vendors. The quality sounds good. Couldn't play it that loud on first listen, plus there was heavy rain. Will give it a more complete work out over the weekend.

My difficulty is how to play gapless. The instructions say to play the M3U file. This doesn't show up on My various Oppo's. These files show up under DLNA but not SMB. All other files I have show up under both. Weird.

My main players are Oppo BDP-103D's. Most of my extensive collection is digitised either Flac or DSD. I haven't had any success with gapless play. Both types play fine via DLNA. This download plays fine in the same way as the others by DLNA, although I have to retag them to have them in the correct order. The only instructions for the OPPO to play gapless I can find, is by using the 'Option' button under USB or SAMBA. I have no 'Options'. If anyone has a link somewhere to get this working, I would appreciate it.

On a separate note, if anyone also has any instructions to making a playlist of multiple Flac and DSD files to play from a Network drive to an Oppo that would also be useful. So far I have only found recently played.
Watch the Life in Surround review to see how to do gapless on an OPPO BDP-103.
Your remote doesn't have an option button?

Watch the Life in Surround review to see how to do gapless on an OPPO BDP-103.
Your remote doesn't have an option button?
Thanks.
Yes. The remote has an option button, but no options appear when it's pressed within the file menu. I remember getting it working on USB when on an earlier firmware upgrade but was very messy. I can't see anything come up while accessing files from a network drive.

'Watch the Life in Surround review'..... Do I find this on the YouTube 'Life in Surround' Channel? If so under which heading? Sorry to be a bit slow. I loved the interviews and review of the album. It prompted me to download the album yesterday.

Thanks.
Yes. The remote has an option button, but no options appear when it's pressed within the file menu. I remember getting it working on USB when on an earlier firmware upgrade but was very messy. I can't see anything come up while accessing files from a network drive.

'Watch the Life in Surround review'..... Do I find this on the YouTube 'Life in Surround' Channel? If so under which heading? Sorry to be a bit slow. I loved the interviews and review of the album. It prompted me to download the album yesterday.

You have to highlight the 1st track of the album. Then the option button will present gapless at the bottom of the screen. I hope that helps!

Not yet, I emailed Mary today to see if she could see the USPS tracking info as I can't, I suspect they've gone into a quarantine bin somewhere on one side of the Atlantic or the other :(
What an lovely person Mary is :QQlove. I had an email saying another parcel had been posted - I hope USPS finds the one that went missing :mad: and gets it back to her.

Mine stay stopped in New York since May 6th. 😞
Don't worry, yesterday I looked to see where mine was and it was still sight seeing in New Jersey (for 9 days!), then today it is at JFK Airport. The initial courier RR Donnelly likes moving it around NJ!
1589402048286.png

Don't worry, yesterday I looked to see where mine was and it was still sight seeing in New Jersey (for 9 days!), then today it is at JFK Airport. The initial courier RR Donnelly likes moving it around NJ!
View attachment 51063

Hopefully, Dunc, you'll have it in your possession by 2028 when the U.S. is projecting another moon landing....and Mary Fahl will be a grandmother!

Its the 2nd one Mary has sent as the first got lost, probably by the same courier who likes to meander around NJ for 9 days!

I've had more or less the same experience. My first copy was sent on 25th March and disappeared en route. Mary very kindly sent me a replacement copy on 15th April which seems to have gone on the same grand tour before ending up in the UK on 6th May.

I got a card from the Post Office yesterday to say that I need to pay £13.67 in Customs and handling fees which I've paid and so it should finally arrive tomorrow. Here's hoping.

Finally arrived today together with card saying that a Customs fee is due on the original delivery which has turned up from somewhere (another £15.17 in ransom money). I've paid again so it should arrive on Saturday.

Mary said that I could dispose of the duplicate should it ever arrive so if anyone wants it and is willing to pay me £20 plus postage to help offset my Customs payments then please PM me and I will send it on.

I find it amazing that the original supplier and myself are both out of pocket but the postal services which helped cause the problem have made extra profits. :mad:

Finally arrived today together with card saying that a Customs fee is due on the original delivery which has turned up from somewhere (another £15.17 in ransom money). I've paid again so it should arrive on Saturday.

Mary said that I could dispose of the duplicate should it ever arrive so if anyone wants it and is willing to pay me £20 plus postage to help offset my Customs payments then please PM me and I will send it on.

I find it amazing that the original supplier and myself are both out of pocket but the postal services which helped cause the problem have made extra profits. :mad:
I don't mind paying the tax, but the ransom fee is usually a lot more than the tax :mad:

Back